Timeline Questions

Hi,

I have 2 questions for the timeline, I wanted to make a little showcase Videoclip and did try if I can change the bodysurface with the LIE, but it seems like the timeline dont save it for that timestamp like at Frame 90 does the skin change to red from Human color, is that Possible to save as timeline Savepoint? So I can make brown, white, yellow, green skins or whatever, I mean this can also be interesting for anything other with the LIE, like showing a pillow with different designs, can I change the Surface with timestamps?

And next with that, i did try to hide clothes, just by visbility, but not even that worked, I created a key and then hide the towel, but it was then hidden always, before and after that key.

Anyone got some experience with that?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

Those properties don't animate. It is possible to get around that by linking them to a controller that is animatable, for example using the Post Load Proxy method via scripts http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/start#post-load_data_items , but for an on/off change it's simplest just to render two sequences and joint them together (ideally you should render to an image sequence anyway)

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

an image sequence? how do you mean that? and sad that its not just easy possible inside of daz :(

An image sequence is a stack of images, one per frame. That's actually what is made when you render to an avi or mov file, they are assembled into the final animation only at the end.

uhm,.... yeah okay xD I can only select avi not mov. and I am not sure what the point is atm, sorry... I am too ko :(

Yes, which you get (AVI or MOV) depends on your OS. But image sequence series should be one of the render type options - Still Image, Image Series, Movie.

I did never try Image Series, but... that seems to make much more work.

You just use a video editor to stitch them together - if you save the images as tiff or PNG they will have an alpha channel, which a video file won't. With an image sequence you are protexccted if DS crashes, and can even try to anticipate issues by rendering only in small batches and then restarting DS. With an image sequence you can edit a set of frames to fix issues without then having to rerender the whole thing, just redo the affected frames and recompile the video.

edited May 2020

I use Shotcut for my videos, but... I am not sure how well it can make out of that images a video.

One good thing about a image series instead of the complete video is, you can split it, because a video can take very long and you cant pause it.

Post edited by Loony on