"parent in place" not working properly since update, anyone else?

"Parent in place" is not working properly anymore since the last update. Is anyone else having this problem?

Will probably submit a support ticket eventually but I wanted to ask here first.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454
    Hylas said:

"Parent in place" is not working properly anymore since the last update. Is anyone else having this problem?

Will probably submit a support ticket eventually but I wanted to ask here first.

Not working properly in what way? It is turned on? Are you using drag-and-drop in the Scene pane or the Change Parent dialogue?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

It's been working for me.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,909
    Hylas said:

Not working properly in what way? It is turned on? Are you using drag-and-drop in the Scene pane or the Change Parent dialogue?

Say, I place object A next to object B.

I right click on object A in the scene tab and choose "change parent", then parent it to object B.

Eventhough the "parent in place" box is checked, object A moves to a different place when parented.

That used to not be the case.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

I just tried with a couple of cubes and it behaved correctly.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,909

Thanks guys. Will contact customer support next time I have this problem.