Rendering falling from GPU to CPU

Hi there, I'm having a lot of issues with the latest update of Daz. 4.12.1.117.

My spces are

CPU i7 5930k

Ram 28Gb

GPU Gtx 1080ti. GTX 1080. GTX 1070ti. GTX 1070. * i use the 1070ti as my monitor GPU * 

I've seen with various scenes it renders for about 10 to 20 minutes completely fine on three GPU's 1080ti, 1080, 1070. Then suddenly switches to CPU. Is not as if I deplete My computer resources and can render on the GPU's as the render advance fine for some time on the GPU's

I've check my resources and the VRAM is at least 2GB under my GPU limits (6GB aprox for 1070 and 1080 and 8.5GB for 1080ti) My RAM is at 20GB usage. So clearly I'm nor running out of resources. Even more is a scene I render perfectly fine in Early version of DAZ.

I've unchecl the Fallback to CPU but it stops the render.

I'm using the post denoiser wich i suppose it may be an issue compatibility?

I have the latest Nvidia driver. Will try an earlier version tomorrow.

I've tried the Beta with same results.

Is there a way to get an earlier version of Daz? So I can work fine gain.

Comments

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

No idea what kind of case all that is in but 4 GPU's in case is going to be tricky to cool. Dropping to CPU could be one the GPU's getting flaky due to overheating.

I'd also try turning off the denoiser. With that much HW are you really gaining that much from it?

• touji_ayanamitouji_ayanami Posts: 50
    edited May 2020

No idea what kind of case all that is in but 4 GPU's in case is going to be tricky to cool. Dropping to CPU could be one the GPU's getting flaky due to overheating.

I'd also try turning off the denoiser. With that much HW are you really gaining that much from it?

All my GPU's are under the 70 degrees even on hot days. I could try taking the denoiser offf. But it works smoothly for me. On previous versions I never had this trouble. I could render even 5000x5000+ resolution images 1 hour max time. I could even play games at the same time I render Lol. That's why I misss this version so much. So yes this much hardware was a dream machine. Saddly windows stopped working and I had to reset my computer last Saturday. Not to mention black outs are common here. Render time really matters.

Post edited by touji_ayanami on
  • kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

For as much as you spent get a UPS. It will save you from black outs.

Having to reinstall Windows was an important piece of info you left out. You need to check that all of your drivers are up to date, not just the graphics. You also need to verify that Windows is fully updated. Windows updates take forever to all get DL'd and installed. I'd also update the UEFI while I was at it.

• Yes I have one.
    Thanks for the advice! I was sure to stay on the same build 1903. It worked fine for me back then. But I'll check latest ones for everything.