Laguna Mermaid Underwear Problem [SOLVED]

mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

In the image you can see the Laguna Mermaid has a "belly" problem, it looks like the underwear is showing. I found this discussion here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/931141/#Comment_931141. I've probably spent 1.5 hours trying to digest it and I think I understand how to take care of this, but here's my problem: I can set the tail surface to all kinds of shaders and textures to change the belly, but the SKIN option presets (under the SURFACES tab) do not list any skin options other than snake skin and a few other files that are no good. I want to select the same skin base as the figure so they match. I don't know how to get around this. I am wondering if Laguna is somehow set to look at Daz defaults, I set up the content to be on a different drive so it's not on C:. I don't see a way to import a skin file either. Where am I going wrong? Thanks

Laguna Mermaid Underwear Problem.png
333 x 333 - 123K
Post edited by mwokee on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

I remember figuring this out a long time ago. Took me a while to get it back...

The white part is the torso part of the tail geograft, which is not taking the texture of G8F torso. You can copy the material from G8F torso surface to the Mermaid Tail torso surface and it will blend perfectly.

I got the whole set with the Fantasy Bundle, and applying one of the Bikini textures from Indigo or Jade Mermaid sets a texture on the lower torso part of the tail attachment.

Odd that it is not part of the Laguna Mermaid textures themselves, but then it would have to match whatever skin texture you use, which it wouldn't know. The Bikini textures apply a second-skin type material that covers both parts.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

I understand what you're saying but I am a buffoon when it comes to using Daz. How do you copy the material from the figure torso to the tail torso? Also, Laguna Mermaid is for G3, not G8. I tried using G8 but it doesn't load correctly for me. Thanks.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

Select the "figure torso" surface, either with the surface tool or directly in the surfaces tab. Open the "hamburger menu" at the top of the surfaces tab, there should be a "copy selected surface(s)" command. Use it, then select the "tail torso" surface, and use the "Paste to selected surface(s)" command from the same menu.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

You could also just select the tail, select the torso surface and apply your human material preset directly. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442
    mwokee said:

I understand what you're saying but I am a buffoon when it comes to using Daz. How do you copy the material from the figure torso to the tail torso? Also, Laguna Mermaid is for G3, not G8. I tried using G8 but it doesn't load correctly for me. Thanks.

Right, absolutely. I was in fact using G3, I just have G8 on the brain, it has been three years. I guess the others have answered your question.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Doesn't seem to work with the base character but was OK when I applied a character to the base. I don't know if the following has unnecessary steps, but it works, so for future reference:

1. Select G3 figure
    2. Select Mermaid A or B Load All
    3. Select Mermaid Tail GeoShell
    4. Apply Material GeoShell
    5. Select Figure
    6. Apply All <Color> Iray
    7. Select figure, go to Surfaces Tab
    8. While in Surfaces, drill down under the FIGURE to Torso
    9. Click on Torso to select
    10. Right click and select COPY SELECTED SURFACE(S)
    11. While in Surfaces, drill down the MERMAID TAIL to TORSO (NOT Tail Torso)
    12. Click TORSO to select it
    13. Right click and select PASTE TO SELECTED SURFACE(S)