iray render coming out grainy

Hi,

Can anyone advise why my render is comming out so grainy and suggest how to fix or improve renders?

Sys info

Windows 10 Pro

I7 processor

32gb DDR4

GTX1070

Thanks,

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

What is in the scene(s)? Are they interior scenes? How are you lighting the scene? How long are they running, and what is the finel sample count?

• Hi Richard,

It's an interior pre-built scene from Stone Mason (full details below), it takes around 20-30 minutes to complete the render using IRay and I have tried Rendering with and without one of the pre-set cameras - both come out grainy. I'm not sure how I go about finding the sample count - i've attached a screen shot of the render being processed.

Details

Artist:

Stonemason

Compatible Figures:

N/A

The scene of action on any spaceship, the Bridge of spaceships is the control center, captain's domain, and where the most exciting things happen. Now you can capture all of the drama of interstellar scenes with the Starship Bridge.

This astounding environment has carefully crafted details and looks and renders very realistically. Whether exploring the universe or just cruising in the galaxy, your characters (human and not) will love the ergonomics and technology of the Starship Bridge.

Includes Iray and 3Delight optimized versions.

What's Included and Features

• Starship Bridge: (.DUF)
    • Separate Parts:
      • Ashtray
      • Backdrop
      • Barrel
      • 6 Cables
      • 3 Cans
      • Ceiling
      • Ciggie
      • 7 Consoles
      • Cup
      • 9 Lights
      • 8 Monitors
      • Overhead Props
      • 4 Railings
      • 3 Seats
      • 4 Steps
      • 4 Throttles
      • 9 Walls
      • 3 Wall Glasses
      • Wall Panel
      • Window
      • 6 Floors
    • Daz Studio Iray StarshipBridge Preset
    • Camera Preset (Loads 12 Cameras)
    • 12 Iray Render Presets
    • Textures Include:
      • 52 Texture, Metallic, Normal, and Roughness Maps (up to 4096x4096)
    •  

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

This https://www.daz3d.com/starship-bridge ? I don't have it, so can't test, You are using the Iray version (it says it has both)? How does it look when it stops? What is the Environment Modse set to in Render Settings?

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,177

I think I added an atmosphere prop to that one,removing it should get rid of some of the grain,

• Hi Stonemason,

I cannot seem to find an atmosphere prop - do you know where I can find it?

Thanks,

John

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,177

looks like it's called "sfb1Fogbox"