Timeline Weirdness - Octane/Reality

I don't have Octane Render or Reality installed in DAZ Studio, but my Timeline (advanced view) is showing dozens of lines of "Octane Render Scene Data" and "Reality_Scene_Data." Why is this happening and how can I make it stop other than selecting and deleting each one separately? tx

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Where are you seeing it? On a figure, clothes, a scene?

• It's not attached to anything, it's just THERE. This is a screenshot of my scene, with one figure. See the Keymate tab.

screenprint.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 876K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

The good news is that you can get rid of them from/via the Scene tab. Either just delete them or save as a Scene Subset (which should get rid of them when you clear scene and reload the subset).  As to WHY you have them, that's a different matter. Judging by the number of them it looks like some sort of resursive addition, with an extra one being added from time to time. But again, where did the first one come from to allow this to build up?  If you have never had the Octane rennder plug-in it must be (semi) external so coming in via a 3rd party product or a scene generated on another computer. I suspect there may be other ways for it to have happened, but it's late and I'm tired! smiley

• Hi Simon, thanks for commenting. I *did* have Octane Render and Reality years ago. I don't *think* they were ever installed on this PC, but I don't recall. I stopped attempting to use either program after Iray entered the scene. Assuming I'm wrong (totally likely) and the programs were once installed, is this weirdness maybe due to some remnant of the plugins lurking on my system that I could perhaps fix by identifying and deleting? Because it's really annoying! LOL

• Also, in case it's relevant, the clothing on the figure was created in Marvelous Designer and imported as an .obj.

Hi Simon, thanks for commenting. I *did* have Octane Render and Reality years ago. I don't *think* they were ever installed on this PC, but I don't recall. I stopped attempting to use either program after Iray entered the scene. Assuming I'm wrong (totally likely) and the programs were once installed, is this weirdness maybe due to some remnant of the plugins lurking on my system that I could perhaps fix by identifying and deleting? Because it's really annoying! LOL

Yes, delete theose 'nodes' by all means!  Reality used to add sycj hifdden items away in an early version and I am not sure about the Octane plug-in, it DIES add them but I am not sure when. So it is, from what you say, possible you may have installed the plug-in and managed to generate all these by yourself cheeky

• Thank you! Don't know what a "sycj" file is, but I will search and destroy! 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

I think that "sycj hifdden" is such hidden, with the right hand one key too far left.

I think that "sycj hifdden" is such hidden, with the right hand one key too far left.

Correct, yes - and sorry Melissa! :)

• LOL. Got it. 

SimonJM said:

Correct, yes - and sorry Melissa! :)