GPU Not rendering

After the most recent DS update, the program will not render from my GPU>  I have an nVidea 2080Ti.  I have attached screen caps showing my version an dthe fact that it is seeing my 2080, but not using it. Please help.

Daz007648.png
640 x 477 - 494K
Daz007649.png
352 x 344 - 17K
Daz007650.png
565 x 943 - 36K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Is your driver up-to-date?

• Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166

Having the Same Issue. Iray is ONLY using the CPU and fails to use the GPU. I have the latest Drivers as well.

Daz Studio is only using the GPU for Dforce without issue and it is Using the GPU on the Viewport.

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805
    Wallace3D said:

Having the Same Issue. Iray is ONLY using the CPU and fails to use the GPU. I have the latest Drivers as well.

Daz Studio is only using the GPU for Dforce without issue and it is Using the GPU on the Viewport.

How do you know?

• Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166

I have EVGA Precision which allows me to see the resources being used. I can see my GPU Usage go way up

I'll just take your word for that bloatware actually reporting CUDA usage.

Then you need to check the log and see what is being reported.

• SepaKnightSepaKnight Posts: 3
    edited May 2020

I have the same issue.
    In fact, DAZ 3D never used my GPU, so I thought I need a better one. Finally I bought a Geforce RTX  2070 SUPER.

When I disable CPU in the Advanced Render Settings, it doesn't render anything and this is the log:

cpu-rendering-disabled.txt

When it's enabled, it uses my CPU and writes the following log:

cpu-rendering-enabled.txt

So as I understand, the GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER has no CUDA compute capability?

edit: Wow, this forum is really bad... I attachted at files, so the log is human readable.

txt
    txt
    cpu-rendering-disabled.txt
    txt
    txt
    cpu-rendering-enabled.txt
    Post edited by SepaKnight on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Update the Nvidia drivers

• SepaKnightSepaKnight Posts: 3

Damn, I feel so silly now. :D
    I also installed the CUDA Toolkit (I read about in another thread) but don't know if necessary at all.

Works now. Thanks.

• set77set77 Posts: 20

What drivers are you using game ready or studio? I had this issue with the last update using the studio driver, changed to game ready and everything is working fine now. I have feeling that the studio driver is not supported with the current update

The current studio driver is too old. Presumably the next release will be compatible.

• doorknob22doorknob22 Posts: 53

Same problem here. When I render CPU goes to 100% while the RTX2070 Super falls asleep. NVidia driver version is 442.92, latest Studio Driver version.Daz version is 4.12.1.117.