Help needed - Intel Denoiser on Mac

tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,696

Hi everyone,

so I'm trying to get this external Intel Denoiser thing to work for me (https://openimagedenoise.github.io), since the DAZ Denoiser only works with NVidia GPUs and I'm on a Mac (meaning I have to use CPU rendering). I tried to follow the tutorial posted here (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/334881/use-this-a-i-based-open-source-de-noiser-from-the-comfort-of-daz-studio) by the nice person that created a script for using that denoiser in DAZ Studio, but I'm totally stuck because mainly, I don't have the slightest clue to which executables I have to point the script to for Imagemagick and the Denoiser itself. Obviously, these are not named .EXE as they would be on Windows, but what else is their extension in this case????

Could anybody Mac-wise perhaps help me out and point me to the correct files? I would sooo appreciate it, I'm going slightly mad already, what with all the hundreds of extras I had to install, and making the usr/local folder visible in the first place, and all that jazz ...

Thanks very much for reading!

Edit: I guess I should add that I used to work on Windows PCs and only very recently aquired the iMac I'm trying to get to grips with now - so I'm rather okay on Windows but just starting out on Macs.

Post edited by tsroemi on

Comments

• point it at the Denoise file in the Bin folder.

• mavantemavante Posts: 734

point it at the Denoise file in the Bin folder.

And where exactly is this Bin folder?

• mavante said:

And where exactly is this Bin folder?

It's in the folder you would need to decompress the denoiser zip to.

unless mac does something even weirder with zip files than i'm aware of.

•  

It's in the folder you would need to decompress the denoiser zip to.

unless mac does something even weirder with zip files than i'm aware of.

It does something truly baffling: it lets you pick where you unzip the files to! Is there a specific bin folder you're referring to?

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,696

Thanks for your help, I couldn‘t get it to work nevertheless. Maybe because of the Imagemagick part involved, I can‘t say. I‘ve gotten so sick with this not being able to use a graphics card on a Mac in the first place that I took the big plunge over the weekend and downgraded my Mojave system to High Sierra. And I‘ve actually managed to get the NVidia eGPU to work with this, so I‘ll use the DAZ Studio Denoiser if I need to.

Thanks again  anyways!