Opacity question

Hello,

I have recently purchased the bank vault set by Perry Wallinga and I have a question regarding some of the surfaces in the set. The model has a main figure called the vault that is all one piece and the visibility can be turned on and off in the scene tab. Unfortunately because it is one piece you cannot turn off individual walls or the ceiling. However, in the surfaces tab, there are individual surfaces for each wall but they are set up differently from other surface settings that I have seen because they have very few properties and no opacity settings.

So my question is, can an opacity setting/property be added to these walls so that I can turn them invisible? And if so, how do I do that?

Thanks for any help with this.

nabob21

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Opacity might just be hidden. If you look above where you select the surface tab, there is a box, with a triangle and some lines, click on that > preference, and check show hidden properties. That might make the opacity show up.

Another option is a iray section pane. A memeber here created a video that explains that pretty well

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 964

Thanks TheKD. Thsection plane may just do the trick. I tried your show hidden properties suggestion but to no avail. It seems that un the surfaces tab, the walls don't have a geometry sud-section that typically has opacity in it.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

It could be a custom shader. Can you post a screenshot of the Surfaces pane?

Don't chop off any bits, it must be the entire Surfaces pane; there are important bits of info especially at the top of the pane that can help work out what's happening.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 964

Is this what you are looking for SpottedKitty?

Capture3.JPG
    658 x 1034 - 102K