How to Keep DAZ to keep rendering overnight

So, I have a super basic question that I am sure I am simply missing something basic. I find that sometimes, I am finishing up a render and want to go to sleep and hope the render will finish up overnight. My computer ends up going to sleep and the render doesn't complete.  Is it because of Windows going to sleep or is there a setting I can use in DAZ that will allow it to continue rendering even if the computer goes to sleep.

Thanks

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

Yep, so to settings - system - power and sleep and turn off the sleep function. Mine is on 24/7

• FSMCDesigns said:

Yep, so to settings - system - power and sleep and turn off the sleep function. Mine is on 24/7

Yeah... not quite a solution, most of us mortals don't have the program open 24/7, sometimes we let the PC rest for a while just to save in the electrical bill, we were expecting something like "there is a checkbox you need to tick in order for the program to stop windows going to sleep while daz Studio is working" kinda type of answer, there isn't one, I just checked, dissapointing, even utorrent has it built in and it's a program that barely weights 1Mb

• Just built a windows machine, switching over from mac, and ran into this problem after setting up test/comparison render then leaving it when I went home for the night. Using macos it won't sleep until the rendering is complete, and I didn't even think that would be an issue, but my windows sleep setting was on 30 min.

Is this a windows flaw or a daz studio flaw? Or some combination?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190

In the Windows settings, you can set it to when it will go to sleep.

So if you set it to never, you can render as long as you like.

But I am not aware of that you can set it to go to sleep when your render is done.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

My Windows system is set for max power settings, and my monitor shuts down.

Settings.png
    1920 x 1080 - 153K