Restarting

Hello I'm not entirely sure how to discribe this problem but ill do my best I have Daz3d 4.12 Pro everything runs fine or as usual however!

lets say I'm doing a scene they can take quite a while to setup if it goes over the 30 minute mark or less in some cases then this is where the issue starts I've closed the scene and saved and that's fine but the program remains open 

Usually like this  if i close it and open daz / load the save file then try to render the entire thing will lock my machine up and force a restart repeat every time i want to do a new scene or go over the 30 minute mark I'm not sure how to fix this or if there even is a fix but figured id ask and see 

Thanks 

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Do you have the Octane plugin?

• DxC09DxC09 Posts: 34

Nope never heard of Octane 

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,359

Please attach the DAZ Studio log.

Will the log work since I have to reset my entire pc? 

Yes, just start DAZ Studio, load a saved scene and close. The log should be in C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4

okay here quite unsure why it's doing this still as its becoming a big problem having to restart every time i need to do something.. 

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    2M

On more looking it turns out the issue appears whenever I save a scene If i just load a scene and render its fine but the moment I save that's when the issue arrises

Your scenes appear to be quite large. Try something simple, e.g. load a fig with clothing. Save, close and restart DS.

tried and sadly it Still does it I also tried to reinstall then go to  save a file / close and it does this...

Do you have any other applications running at the same time?

I noticed in your log that you appears to be using the previous General Release version. If you want to keep on using it, download and install the current Public Beta (4.12.1.117) which is the same version as the current General Release. You can have both the General Release and Public Beta installed at the same time. You'll need to remap your content paths in the Beta.

I don't have anything running in the background aside from the usual stuff i've normally had before all this started and I've tried without and with same results do any size scene single figure or larger save it crashes when trying to render 

Save and close daz it remains open like in the screenshot and crashes if you open it and try to render without restarting the PC entirely 

I'm at the end of my rope with fixes and solutions it's a little bit of a issue as I have a commission I need to get done.. but this is delaying it :( I've tried with the Beta version and the normal version the result is the same

Still no solution in sight I've tried everything and with no way of reverting back to a previous version frown not entiely sure what to do it's quite a strange bug but seems it's only affected me Well aside from the Keyboard (Shift - K ) not turning off when told to do so but this one's a bigger issue currently 

Still continue to be puzzled by this but seeing the other thread - in the daz build https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/353851/daz-studio-4-12-pro-general-release-updated/p18

I'm unusure if it has anything to do with my issue but one thing that did pop up is the Octane plugin id like to check how to see if it's present or turned on but I'm unsure where to look

DxC09 said:

Still continue to be puzzled by this but seeing the other thread - in the daz build https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/353851/daz-studio-4-12-pro-general-release-updated/p18

I'm unusure if it has anything to do with my issue but one thing that did pop up is the Octane plugin id like to check how to see if it's present or turned on but I'm unsure where to look

You'll know if you have it or not, as it doesn't come with DAZ Studio. It's a plugin which has to be obtained from Otoy.

Right ok I don't have it so that's one thing off the checklist I suppose ill just have to wait and pray a fix comes along.. or try find 4.12.1.115 if that's even possible as that's what I used before all this started!