Startup WARNINGS

Anyone know how to get rid of these warnings?

When shutting down or starting Daz Studio the path : Y:\TEMP\Daz 3D\shaders\iray\ is deleted and I get this warning:

2020-05-03 17:13:40.305 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(474): Could not add path: "Y:/TEMP/Daz 3D/shaders/iray". Due to unknown error -2

How do I switch to TCC driver model for my GeForce GTX 1080 card as suggested by this warning to increase rendering performance?

2020-05-03 17:13:40.454 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.1   IRAY   rend warn : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1080): WDDM driver used, it's recommended switching to TCC driver model as no display connected (via 'nvidia-smi -dm 1'), to increase rendering performance

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

TCC is available only for Quadro and (I think) Titan cards. It's a warning, because if you couod swtch it would give better performance, not an error.

• The TCC(tesla compute cluter) is only supported on Titans, Quadros, Teslas and mining cards.

Titans and quadros may require jumping through a few hoops to get it properly enabled. Usually no monitor attached and enabling via SMI.

Teslas default to tcc mode.

Mining cards can have it enabled, but it's kinda iffy on whether it'll error out or not.

Regarding the path error.

I'd be more interested in what's using that temp path.

Is it a script, plugin,  another asset, or did you manually set that in DS options?

• bringhobringho Posts: 239

Thanks for those answers!

Yes it was manually set that in DS options

I built this machine with 64 GB RAM so Y: is a 20GB ramdisk... not that it should matter to this problem =)

Temp Paths.png
    985 x 288 - 65K