[Solved] Clothes Converter 4 License Key Not Accepted

docbotherdocbother Posts: 106

I am trying to re-install clothes converter, but it won't accept the license key. I made sure I am cutting and pasting the whole thing. No joy.

It is a pecular key because it begins with "userkeyname####" where #### is a number, then a space then the normal sequence of characters you find in a license key.

I've tried it with and without this prefix and substituted my name for userkeyname. Nothing works.

Anyone know what the trick is.

Post edited by docbother on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,053
    edited May 2020

does it work leaving the username#### and leading space off?

I must install it on this computer so will see what mine does later

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • docbotherdocbother Posts: 106

Thank you. No, that didn't work.

I've tried it with and without the "userkeyname", with and without "userkeyname####" and also tried substituting my full name for "userkeyname" as well as for "userkeyname####". I've been carefull to avoid leading and trailing spaces also.

It's like a crypto-crossword puzzle clue.

Okay, found the PDF in the intall directory. The registration requires you enter your name and a license key. I put my full name in the Name field, silly me.

No, the userkeyname#### goes in the Name field. Then everything after the space goes in the Key field.

Perfectly obvious, in hindsight. Note to self: Read your own signature line.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,053

I just installed it successfully

userkeyname#### goes in top box rest in bottom

and yes I realised that seeing it devil

Thanks Wendy. You're sharp. Trust me to miss the obvious.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

I found that I had to run it in Administrator mode to make the code stick, otherwise it would ask me to enter the code every time. Also, setting some of the preferences won't take without the elevated privileges. Exit and run normally after that.

• Hi there, I hope you're well

I purchased Markus Dunn's Clothes Converter 4 on 25 May 2020, when I could afford it, but I'm only now installing it because I need it.

Would you please be so kind as to tell me, where on earth do I find the USERNAME and SERIAL KEY?

I looked in my Product Library & Installation Folders but there's nothing with a USERNAME and SERIAL KEYfrown.

Thank you kindly for your assistance! Godspeedyes.

_ - = !!! CLOTHES CONVERTER - WHERE IS KEY.jpg
    959 x 573 - 139K
  • Solved, thank you kindlyyes!