Moving libraries from one Mac to another Mac

My library is organised in different folders lik "Female G8", "Hair G3"  (see attachement).

I have copied the content files to my new Mac. I have exported the user database (UserData_1), copied the ManifestFiles to the new Mac. I added my folders and imported the database on the new Mac. 

The CMS and all the content is working fine by itself, BUT when I try to open my old Daz files, all the paths to textures are missing…

What have I done wrong?  All help appreciated...

Libraries.png
171 x 367 - 20K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

Where are the textures, and what are the full error messages?

• TuvaluTuvalu Posts: 9

The textures are part of the libraries, in Runtime folders....

When I open my file. A "Missing Files" window comes up, with a long list of missing textures (all are missing). "The following files could not be found"

example: Hair G3/Runtime/Textures/outoftouch/!hair/OOTHairs/Sapphire/01OOTSapphireHair.jpg

I meant exactly where, for an example. From the way the error starts with the Hair G3 folder I think you had nested content directories - both the Hair G3 folder and its parent folder selected as content directories - which caused DS to add the unneded and unwanted folder. If you have that issue only with maps, not with the asset file, you can use the Locate button in the error dialogue to tell DS where the file is - it should find the rest of the files in that folder, and you can then resave the scene or preset. Failing that, you could uncompress everything (or use a text editor that handles compressed files) to replace /Hair%20G3/ with / and so on for any other similar errors (working on a copy of the files, of course).

Thank you, but I have many files, so locating the resources again for every file is not an option.

You might be right about the nested folders... but this is also on my old install, an have not caused me problems there...

I am looking for a way to replicate my Mac Daz installation on a new Mac... maybe by changing paths in the database?  

If you don't want to manually update the files as yu load them (there's no need to do the whole lot in one go) then the text editor option may be best (a good text editor can work in batch mode), or a script could be written to do the job.

So the path to the texture is linked in the .duf file? ... not based on the file being available in your current library?

Yes, the .duf file stores the location within the content directory and when you load a file DS tries that relative path in all the content directories until it finds a copy or runs out of content directories to check.