Creating clothing for Characters.

Hi, I am looking for any tutorials or videos or any information on the correct way to export a piece of clothing when a character morph is applied like for example.

I dial up Aiko 8 character morph on the Gen 8 model. Then I export the clothing that is on the model to a modeler, fit the clothing correctly then import back as a corrective morph or whatever it needs to be to correctly fit gen 8 when dialed back up to Aiko 8.

Any help anyone can provide is greatly apriciated as I can not find any information about the process.

many thanks and I hope you all stay healthy.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

First, make sure you are dealing with the actual morphs not a controller for multiple morphs - I think Aiko 8 is probably driving separate head and body morphs. Export the base figure (as a guide) and the clothing - you can eithe start with the AutoFollow morph, or you can use the base shape of the clothing and entirely sculpt the shape you need without the AutoFollow starting point. Make sure that the final morph OBJ has the name of the morph, not the label (from the Parameter Settings dialogue - click the gear icon on the slider). Load the morph on the unmorphed clothing (use Edit>Figure>Clear Generated Morphs to make sure there are no AutoFollow remnants). Of course you will also, for a shape like Aiko 8, probably need to add JCMs/MCMs after that.

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726

Hi Richard, thank you so much for your responce.

I'm trying to do it with Alexandra8 and it has been really difficult to get my skirt to fit her with the imported morph. I put the skirt onto Gen 8 female, then I fial up Alexandra8 morph the full body moreph that is. I believe it does it without the head.

Then I export the skirt at Daz preset 100% size. using the name FBMAlexandra8 as the name for my export. then after I edit the skirt making it fit better I export to daz and then import using morph loader pro. I set it to reverse deformations, and set it to deltes only. and it is a success. Then when I dial up the Alexandra8 morph the skirt goes up the model and is not sized right.

So I must be missing something. some option or something

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

If you use Reverse Deformations here you are subracting the AutoFollow morph and leaving only the additonal changes you made on top of it  -that's part of the reason I suggested importing onto a zeroed figure with any AutoFollowed morphs removed.

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726

hmm ok I will try it out thanks