Genesis 2 with M4 Textures in Poser?

SydneyKittenSydneyKitten Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Is there a tool for converting textures from M4 to G2M yet? I tried applying them but they don't align right, so I clearly need some converter... or hope that Reciecup creates a new texture for G2M.... :p

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,060
    edited December 1969

Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male http://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/#prod_17664 will allow you to apply M4 textures to G2M (as long as the materials are supplied as, or saved by you as, .duf files).

Alternatively if you have Michael 5 you can apply the materials to Genesis and then use the Map Transfer function of DS to convert them to Michael 5, which can then be applied to G2M.

• SydneyKittenSydneyKitten Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I forgot to mention... I only like to use Poser. D:

edited December 1969

Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male will work in Poser, but you would still need a .duf preset to set the M4 UV Set.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited April 2014

The Material groups for Genesis 2 lack the number prefix that M4 materials have. To use totally in Poser you would have to turn off DSON subdivision, export a Genesis 2 obj file with the M4 uvs, then switch to Poser Unimesh skinning and save to the Figures Library, edit the cr2 to call that .obj file and edit all of the materials in the obj and cr2 to add the prefix, which if it works (I haven't actually edited the material names, myself) will give you a native Poser version of Genesis 2 with permanent M4 uvs and material names.

However, to add any new morphs, one would need to load Genesis 2 after installing the morph, load the M4 uv set, and export and edit a new cr2....

Post edited by WandW on
  • SydneyKittenSydneyKitten Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That sounds so painful... D:

edited December 1969

It's not really needed either, you should be able to copy the settings from a real Michael 4 to G2M with the M4 UVs, then save an MC6. As I said, all you need is a preset to set the UVs in the first place - I think the product includes a PoserCF for that. Here's the proper link to the store page http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited April 2014

I own that product. It sets the UVs, Richard, but the material names don't correspond to those of M4. One can copy over the material zone settings individually, but that's almost as tedious as editing Poser files, and it has to be done for every M4 texture set. Far easier to just create a .duf and PC file in Studio.....

Post edited by WandW on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

I seem to recall seeing a script for sale over at Renderotica that will do what you're talking about for the material zone names. They have one for using M4 textures and another for the V4 sets. But afaik, it only works in Studio, so for Poser one would still have to do the .duf dance and convert.

I hate that! Why, oh why, could the Genesis 2s not have the same sort of material zones as the previous Daz figures? Can somebody tell me? Because so far I really see no advantage to this .duf only business for putting skins on Mike 6 and Vicky 6.