Applying Shapes and Poses Opening New Scenes

I haven't seen anyone else with this issue, so I probably did something wrong. I'm working with Studio 4.12, which I downloaded after a messy complication with my system. I'd backed up all my files so I thought a simple drag and drop would be fine after I reintalled Daz. I did make the mistake before the drag and drop to reinstall the starter stuff from DIM. Anyway, I reconfigured the pathways to the correct files, and all seemed well. This was on 4-20 (no, I wasn't high cheeky).

Things have been working mostly okay except that when I try to apply some poses or shapes, even add props, I get a prompt asking if I want to save the scene before closing it. This is only sometimes and it's only in Smart Content. I find the files on my hard-drive and merge them into the scene (merge by right-clicking the item icon doesn't work; file not found or something like that), which works fine. It's silly, and a waste of time. The figures I've been working with are GF8 and GM8.

I was thinking about just doing a total reinstall of metadata. But before I did that (time consuming), I wanted to see if the community had ever heard of anything like this. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Sounds like a borked file.

Only time you should get that pop up is if the file is a scene file.

Do the same files result in the same pop-up when attempting to load from the Content Library?

If it's just doing it in smart content, i'd say you might need to reimport the meta-data and try again.

If it's still doing that, there may be an issue with the particular files and where the meta-data is pointing them.

Check to see if there's been an update to the particular assest that addresses this problem.

• ladyadrellladyadrell Posts: 4

Sounds like a borked file.

Only time you should get that pop up is if the file is a scene file.

Do the same files result in the same pop-up when attempting to load from the Content Library?

If it's just doing it in smart content, i'd say you might need to reimport the meta-data and try again.

If it's still doing that, there may be an issue with the particular files and where the meta-data is pointing them.

Check to see if there's been an update to the particular assest that addresses this problem.

It was doing it in Smart Content and Content Library. I'd have to Merge those particular shapes or morphs from the Start Menu. I used Content DB Maintenance to re-import metadata. It didn't fix my issue, however it did show more of the products that I'd bought that weren't displayed, so that's a plus.

The only updates were Studio and GoZ. I guess I'll have to keep trying troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks for your reply DrunkMonkeyProductions!