can not uninstall daz 3d beta

I am trying to unistall beta ending 17 i have 15 installed 17 not showing in install manager .iwant to uninstall version beta 15 but it will not uninstall it say it is but 1hour latter still on 0%. In dim daz3d beta is a lighter grey see attachment

Screen Shot 05-01-20 at 03.24 PM.PNG
715 x 517 - 42K

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    jimlin said:

I am trying to unistall beta ending 17 i have 15 installed 17 not showing in install manager .iwant to uninstall version beta 15 but it will not uninstall it say it is but 1hour latter still on 0%. In dim daz3d beta is a lighter grey see attachment

Yeah, these are not good times in the Daz installation business.  Try restarting your computer.  I had to do that to get anything installed.  I had something installed, and Daz non-functional with a greyed-out uninstall button for a while.

• jimlinjimlin Posts: 146
    Sevrin said:
    jimlin said:

Yeah, these are not good times in the Daz installation business.  Try restarting your computer.  I had to do that to get anything installed.  I had something installed, and Daz non-functional with a greyed-out uninstall button for a while.

Sevrin thanks for your responce i have tryed restarting, ive tryed uninstaling DIM and reinstaling still the same 

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,265

I have no idea what it would do to DIM, but one should be able to uninstall any program via the usual computer system options.

edited May 2020

I have no idea what it would do to DIM, but one should be able to uninstall any program via the usual computer system opt

thanks for you responce ,the only 2 daz programes  in the system uninstaller are daz install mamager and PostgreSQL CMS NO DAZ3D BETA SEE ATTCHMENT

Screen Shot 05-01-20 at 11.38 PM.PNG
    715 x 614 - 115K
    Post edited by jimlin on

Well it does not appear to really be on the computer then, perhaps a reboot?

Well it does not appear to really be on the computer then, perhaps a reboot?

thanks again but i have rebooted at least 5 times daz3d beta opens and works ok but why cant i uninstall it 

So the only place this is showing as existing is in DIM? And it is actually on your computer but not recorded in the OS program folder?

That's a puzzle, okay next idea might be to try installing the new beta and hope the new beta uninstalls the old one to replace it.

If it's not possible, I would suggest submitting a CS ticket unless somebody else passing by here has more ideas.

So the only place this is showing as existing is in DIM? And it is actually on your computer but not recorded in the OS program folder?

That's a puzzle, okay next idea might be to try installing the new beta and hope the new beta uninstalls the old one to replace it.

If it's not possible, I would suggest submitting a CS ticket unless somebody else passing by here has more ideas.

Thanks catherine3678ab  fixed I deleted beta 15   from downloads reinstalled new beta  ending 17

Okay! Success, that's good. Hope it was worth it all.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

Really? That hasn't been my experience, starting with Win 3.1. 

I have no idea what it would do to DIM, but one should be able to uninstall any program via the usual computer system options.