Mesh Grabber (Where is it?)

Purchased Mesh Grabber. Can't find it anywhere. Not in my install manager and it doesn't download manually. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!! J

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited April 2020

Try hitting alt+shift+E that activates the tool. Or it can be found in the tool settings panel, under the active tool dropdown menu

Post edited by TheKD on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,330
    Purchased Mesh Grabber. Can't find it anywhere. Not in my install manager and it doesn't download manually. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!! J

Do you have your download filters set to show software, Windows architecture (32- or 64-bit), and plugins? DIM Advanced Settings -> Downloads.

• zigzagzigzag Posts: 10

Same issue here, and it's 2024. Sent a ticket to Daz.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431

- First, check in DIM, Advance Settings - Applications, the path of DS application needs to be correctly configured.
    - Install Mesh Grabber in DIM. After intallation, go to Installed tab, locate Mesh Grabber, right mouse click menu - Show Installed Files... make sure they're correctly installed in plugin sub-folder in the root directory of DS application.
    - Close and re-launch DS, check in Help - About Installed Plugins... Mesh Grabber plugins should be there.
    - Mesh Grabber is under menu : Tools - Mesh Grabber, just press Alt + Shift + E to activate it.

SNAG-2024-1-6-0007.png
    1151 x 954 - 111K
    SNAG-2024-1-6-0008.png
    692 x 770 - 66K
    SNAG-2024-1-6-0009.png
    569 x 588 - 63K
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,436

Just so I know the right path is chosen. I got the Mesh Grabber bundle yesterday, there were 2 downloads that were exe's and on the rotations part no download, tho someone on my thread explained it can only be downloaded and installed thru DIM.

Should I ignore the exe's Idownloaded and just install all 3 parts through DIM? Also what is the correct path, as I have Daz installed on my main C Drive?

edited January 6

Faeryl Womyn said:

Just so I know the right path is chosen. I got the Mesh Grabber bundle yesterday, there were 2 downloads that were exe's and on the rotations part no download, tho someone on my thread explained it can only be downloaded and installed thru DIM.

Should I ignore the exe's Idownloaded and just install all 3 parts through DIM? Also what is the correct path, as I have Daz installed on my main C Drive?

Yup,  ignore EXE files but just download and install three IM packages in DIM. After installation, three DLL plug-in files locate in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins, if you installed DS with the default application path.. as well as Public Build path.

SNAG-2024-1-7-0023.png
    1158 x 687 - 60K
    Post edited by crosswind on
    edited January 6

When I installed Daz I didn't change anything and let it install to the proper default place, I do the same with anything in DIM, but will double check to make sure the dll's are in the right place according to your image.

Ok opened DIM, updated it and there are no Mesh Grabber installs in the list. Does this mean I need to send a ticket?, so annoying.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
    edited January 6

Faeryl Womyn said:

When I installed Daz I didn't change anything and let it install to the proper default place, I do the same with anything in DIM, but will double check to make sure the dll's are in the right place according to your image.

Ok opened DIM, updated it and there are no Mesh Grabber installs in the list. Does this mean I need to send a ticket?, so annoying.

Odd... what's your DS version ? A simple way to install - extract the DLL files from IM packages to the plugins folder I showed above.Then relaunch DS.

Pls send a ticket at the same time...

Post edited by crosswind on

I have Daz ver 4.21

Are you saying to open the exe's I downloaded (only 2 cause the rotation one had no download option), I assume to some folder on the desktop and take the dll's out of there and put them in the plugins folder?

This would be so much easier if they just had all 3 as zip folders to download with intructions on where to put the files.

Faeryl Womyn said:

I have Daz ver 4.21

Are you saying to open the exe's I downloaded (only 2 cause the rotation one had no download option), I assume to some folder on the desktop and take the dll's out of there and put them in the plugins folder?

This would be so much easier if they just had all 3 as zip folders to download with intructions on where to put the files.

They wanted to sell the products separately...  devil

Go to your Package Archive folder, locate 3 IM packages, extract DLL file one by one...

SNAG-2024-1-7-0029.png
    2557 x 1359 - 403K

Problem solved, it finally showed up in DIM, I installed, double checked to make sure the dll's were in the right place, opened Daz, tool showed and and tested to make sure it's working.

Thanks for your help Crosswind.

Faeryl Womyn said:

Problem solved, it finally showed up in DIM, I installed, double checked to make sure the dll's were in the right place, opened Daz, tool showed and and tested to make sure it's working.

Thanks for your help Crosswind.

Great ! My pleasure.smileyyes