How can I change loading camera presets to NOT replace existing cameras in the scene by default??

I have so many camera presets from different products over the years so natually I often would like to use them in a scene. However when I do load a camera the default function is to replace existing cameras I have in the scene. I would like to change the default function so that I do not have to hold down the control Key while I load each one to avoid having my existing cameras replaced. twice now I have loaded 15 or 18 of the twenty cameras with the highlander set carefully using the control key to get more than one camera in the scene and then woops! I click the wrong button and all my cameras are gone! including cameras I created from scratch with different names! Surely there is some way to batch load cameras? It seems to me replacing existing camera would be more fitting as an exception than the rule.

my production machine is a PC running   DS 4.12.0.86

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Hold down Ctrl when loading a new camera.

• You can, in the options dialogue, set your preferred option and then it will be applied when you hold down shift while double-clicking.

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249
    edited April 2020

Thanks Richard! I had made the perferred option in the dialog as I saw it there but I didn't see how to get it to work. Hold down shift is the peice of the puzzle I needed!

You can, in the options dialogue, set your preferred option and then it will be applied when you hold down shift while double-clicking.

Post edited by Chakradude on