SOLVED: iRay doesn't work after Daz update.

markgoode77markgoode77 Posts: 343

When I hit the 'render' button, the PC will whirr for 20-30 seconds before anouncing the render is complete - but the render window is empty, with just the grey crosshatched background and the 'Close' button active.  3Delight still works though.

Any idea what setting might have got moved during the install?  I'm afraid I haven't a clue.

Post edited by markgoode77 on

Comments

• markgoode77markgoode77 Posts: 343

It will also work with CPU but not my 1080TI GPU.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

Try updating the driver from nVidia.

I have the Studio 442.92 driver and it works here.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

How current is your graphics driver?

Thanks guys, I'm just updating it now.  I thought I was up to date, but clearly not.

Of course that was it.  What an idiot.

Thanks again guys.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Thanks guys, I'm just updating it now.  I thought I was up to date, but clearly not.

It's a bit of a fast-moving target right now; the current DAZ|Studio version of Iray needs a fairly recent NVidia graphics card driver, and at the same time your actual graphics card (the hardware) must be able to use that driver version — older cards will fall back to older driver versions, which might be too old to run Iray on the card.

• azcraigrrazcraigrr Posts: 70

Thanks Fishtales! That was my problem as well and updating the drivers solved it.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    azcraigrr said:

Thanks Fishtales! That was my problem as well and updating the drivers solved it.

You're welcome.