Bend morph remove influence

Is there a way to partially disable the Bend posing morph for genesis 8 figures? sometimes when i bend a bodypart it sometimes also morphs regions that i want to keep unchanged. i already tried the method here

but that doesn't seem to work with the "Bend" morph since it is apparently not a morph itself but instead affecting other morphs. can i make them visible and change them with the method in the video somehow?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,460
    edited April 2020

Bend isn't a morph at all, it's a joint and is controlled by weight maps. You need to reassign the weights to another bone (probably the parent) with the Node Weght Map Brush tool, but from your description I'm not entirely sure it would do what you want. Many joints do have morphs associated with them - Joint Controlled Morphs (JCMs) - to help the look of the mesh, it's possible you would just want to disable ne of those. You can try that by enabling the Show Hidden Properties in the Parameters pane option menu (the lined button in the top corner of right-click the tab - in the Public Build I think it s now in a preferences sub-menu), testing t find which morph(s) you want to block, and then clicking the chain icon on the slider to unlink them.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • he hohe ho Posts: 0

ok thank you for the help. i looked for morphs that i think were affected by the Bend dial and played with them a bit to see which one i could disable. but i couldn't get a good result. is there a way to somehow freeze certain vertices on the shoulder for example, then Bend the arm, and then unfreeze the vertices on the shoulder again so that they were not affected by the movement of the arm?