Buying new PC for much faster render time and smooth work in Daz

Buying new PC for  much faster render time and smooth work in Daz

Hello,

since my pc crashed, I'm looking to by a high-end PC to make my work with Daz3d much more fun and smooth.
Right now its not much fun since a solo person render takes like an hour on my laptop 8gb ram, so I'm used to work on an other pc in the meanwhile.

Now saw this one: https://www.hitech-gamer.com/en/Xtreme-Gamer-PC/XTREME-GAMER-PC-HELLSCREAM-V18.html

I want to set up the 64 GB Ram.
Should I set the i9 processor too? Do I even need the 64 GB?

Or is that already an overkill for Daz 3D?
What do I need to Create Szenes with backgrounds and multiple Charckters, light effects with particles and more? 
It will be allready a big upgrade from 8GB anyway. But I wont like to be stopped at the next projects too fast.

Can you give me an example of your PC stats, and render time of a given picture as an example?

Best regards
Michael

edit:

The specs are:

• INTEL Core i7-9700KF @ 4,9 GHz  or INTEL Core i9-9900KF, clock speed @ 5.00GHz
  • Water Cooling RGB
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM with RGB or 64GB Ram
  • 1GB SSD M.2 + 3TB HDD
  • Bluetooth 5.0 + WLAN 802
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TI OC - 11GB
Post edited by MysteriousMika on

Comments

• Try posting the details, that page won't open without completing a very bad captcha.

For Iray rendering the big thing is GPU memory (and that the GPU be nVidia), 64GB isn't needed unless you are adding multiple GPUs (or want the ehad room to do so in future). Intel CPUs are not curretly that cost-effectve, so unless you have software that needs an Intel you may want to look at an AMD Ryzen - CPU is not, however, heavily used in DS as long as the GPU can handle the rendering.

• Try posting the details, that page won't open without completing a very bad captcha.

For Iray rendering the big thing is GPU memory (and that the GPU be nVidia), 64GB isn't needed unless you are adding multiple GPUs (or want the ehad room to do so in future). Intel CPUs are not curretly that cost-effectve, so unless you have software that needs an Intel you may want to look at an AMD Ryzen - CPU is not, however, heavily used in DS as long as the GPU can handle the rendering.

thanks.  I added the details. I hope they are enough :/

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

I'm going to second what Richard said about the CPU and RAM.

The RTX 2080ti is a beast for Iray rendering, but the CPU is overkill for Daz Studio.
    Keep in mind that MAX turbo boost (Thermal Velocity Boost) only applies to 1 single core on the CPU, In todays computing world that's pretty meaningless.  Any multithreadded workloads (This includes you multitasking with multiple programs open) will perform better on AMD Ryzen systems becuase you get more cores for the same price and power cunsumption.

You would be better off looking at a Ryzen 7 or Ryzen 9 CPU, but really for Daz Studio you could easily save a bunch of money and go with a Ryzen 5 3600 (6core/12thread) and see a negligable performance difference in Studio vs that Core i9.

The real question that you need to ask is how large and complex are the scenes you would like to render?  This all comes down to the GPU and the avalible VRAM on the card.
    RTX 2080 8GB: 2-3 clothed characters + environment
    RTX 2080 ti 11GB: 3-4 clothed characters + environment
    Titan RTX 24GB: 6-8 characters + complex environment

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805
    edited April 2020

If you are not going to be up to adding drives on your own I'd strongly recommend getting more than 1.5Tb of storage. 3D assets can get very large and people tend to have lots of them.

On the CPU if your options are th 9900F and 9700F get the 9700F. You'll save 200 and you won't noticve the difference in DS. However for that cost I'd look to a company that offers more customization options.

You're paying a lot for the display case so if they don't offer a case that is more reasonable then that would also be a ding unless you really want that around.

Doing some looking around for british OEM's, Chillblast seems to be a better option at a better price than hitech-gamer. I was able to configure a very reasonable DS iRay rig for £2850 including VAT.

Ryzen 6 3600

EVGA 850W PSU\

2080ti (the cheap option doesn't specify brand but that should be fine)

LianLi o11 dynamic case (one of the best ATX cases on the market right now)

Asus b450 motherboard (the default)

Noctua NH-U12S cooler

32 Gb of 3200Mhz RAM

3 pack of Corsair fans (the o11 comes with no fans so you need to add them) (I'd call/email tham and see about adding a 4th fan as well but the configurator doesn't allow that)

1 Tb Seagate SSD

4 Tb Ironwolf Pro HDD (beyond being 7200 rpm which IMO is vital in HDD's also has free data recovery for 2 years (IIRC) and a 5 year warranty.

That will be less expensive and perform as well in iRay and pretty much anything else except high fps gaming (you'lllose a couple of percentage points versus the i9 9900)

Post edited by kenshaw011267 on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Try posting the details, that page won't open without completing a very bad captcha.

That's odd.  The page opened without any captchas and it's my first time visiting that site.

• If you are not going to be up to adding drives on your own I'd strongly recommend getting more than 1.5Tb of storage. 3D assets can get very large and people tend to have lots of them.

On the CPU if your options are th 9900F and 9700F get the 9700F. You'll save 200 and you won't noticve the difference in DS. However for that cost I'd look to a company that offers more customization options.

You're paying a lot for the display case so if they don't offer a case that is more reasonable then that would also be a ding unless you really want that around.

Doing some looking around for british OEM's, Chillblast seems to be a better option at a better price than hitech-gamer. I was able to configure a very reasonable DS iRay rig for £2850 including VAT.

Ryzen 6 3600

EVGA 850W PSU\

2080ti (the cheap option doesn't specify brand but that should be fine)

LianLi o11 dynamic case (one of the best ATX cases on the market right now)

Asus b450 motherboard (the default)

Noctua NH-U12S cooler

32 Gb of 3200Mhz RAM

3 pack of Corsair fans (the o11 comes with no fans so you need to add them) (I'd call/email tham and see about adding a 4th fan as well but the configurator doesn't allow that)

1 Tb Seagate SSD

4 Tb Ironwolf Pro HDD (beyond being 7200 rpm which IMO is vital in HDD's also has free data recovery for 2 years (IIRC) and a 5 year warranty.

That will be less expensive and perform as well in iRay and pretty much anything else except high fps gaming (you'lllose a couple of percentage points versus the i9 9900)

I actually hope I will take much more care with a pc that fancy looking.
    To clean it from dust. Instead of my broken one which stands under my desk :P

I can' find all those options you selected. Which option did you start from to customize?

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

Build Your Own -> Configure AMD PC -> Build a Full Size (ATX) AMD Ryzen PC -> Customize