No Poses with Dining Sets for All Occasions?

dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Dining Sets for All Occasions looks beautiful! Question: It lists G8F and G8M as compatible figures, but I don't see any poses/hand presets on the product page or the file list. Does anyone who owns it know if it includes poses for these figures? Thanks!

Post edited by dawnblade on

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@dawnblade

You can clearly see from the product "Details" and "what's Included and Features" that there are no poses.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Thanks. I was waiting to hear from someone who owns it so I can put in a ticket to have the product page corrected, if needed.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

Do you really think that was called for? You wouldn't be the first person that didn't look at the description or the "Included features".

@Griffin Avid

It wasn't sarcasm, it was a genuine attempt becuase i couldn't see why someone would assume that there were included poses when the description, details, and promos didn't show anything but straight product views. I do reconginze that these times have benn strssful for folks.

dawnblade said:
    fastbike1 said:

@dawnblade

You can clearly see from the product "Details" and "what's Included and Features" that there are no poses.

Do you own it and can confirm what you state? Otherwise you're a troll.

edited May 2020

@fastbike1 Sorry for the troll comment.

While poses are not shown in the promos or file listing, the highlighted compatibility section is what prompted this thread. This is an indication that poses were meant to be included. If not then the product page should be updated.

DiningSet.jpg
    545 x 384 - 65K
    Post edited by dawnblade on
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Now that I think about it, I wonder if that compatibility is for SCALE. Like the PA built the set using G8 characters when it was built.

I think there is a slight difference in the heights (sizes?) of G3 and G8 characters...I think I remember a thread about generation heights,

I could be wrong as it's foggy, but maybe that's what they meant.

- If anything, maybe they should have added ALL the generations if it is a general build.

Placing an N/A in figure compatibility might suggest it's like some of the other items and NOT done to a character scale - like a greebles or some city sets..

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Also, knowing the Daz Store, pose sets for this product might be coming a separate product.

Makes sense as it would be a lot of poses.....

Might be awesome too - not many chewing poses - like holding forks and knives...slicing something on a plate...servers...people standing around conversating...

I could see that.

Those are great points. I hadn't thought of the "scale" side of it. Although the PA didn't list anything for additional products used, Industrial Loft Dining Room appears in the "you may also be interested in" section. So he/she may have used that table with G8 figures.

Yeah, I did think that maybe a separate pose product might have been alluded to. While there are sitting poses throughout the store like you mentioned, it would be great to see them specific to these dining sets, again like the type you described. smiley

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

Now that I think about it, I wonder if that compatibility is for SCALE. Like the PA built the set using G8 characters when it was built.

I think there is a slight difference in the heights (sizes?) of G3 and G8 characters...I think I remember a thread about generation heights,

I could be wrong as it's foggy, but maybe that's what they meant.

- If anything, maybe they should have added ALL the generations if it is a general build.

Placing an N/A in figure compatibility might suggest it's like some of the other items and NOT done to a character scale - like a greebles or some city sets..

I can't see what difference scale would make to this product (within the bounds of the relative scales of daz characters). People in the real world are all sorts of shapes and sizes, but they don't all need to have their own custom made knives and forks. Would this place setting really look ridiculous if a G3 sat down to dinner?

I had a quick look at other similar products: Gala Tableware and Dine on the Orient Dinner Service both have a compatibility of N/A.

I think they made a mistake with this one. Raise a ticket and suggest they update it.