How to "create" fur on any surface?

Good day!

I'm pretty new in the daz3d scene and I'm slowly getting used to the Iray system and all the nuts and bolts.

In poser there was a pretty basic and easy way to turn everything into a fur like material, using the material room there with nodes, you could use a displacement map with some noise and based on the value gived to the Displace node, it would be higher or shorter and so forth.

Is there a way to make "fur" on flat surface here in daz studio using the iray render engine?
I've seen some props and products that has actual 3D fur sculpted and all, but let's say I have this carpet with a good texture and all I want is to give it like 1cm thick fur, is that possible or I'm doomed to wait and find some actual 3D fur like surface?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

Very similar thing in Daz Studio, using displacement - check some of the products by, among others, Oso3D.  The exact method wiill depend on if you are using 3Delight or Iray as render engine.

• Alien AlloyAlien Alloy Posts: 181
    SimonJM said:

Very similar thing in Daz Studio, using displacement - check some of the products by, among others, Oso3D.  The exact method wiill depend on if you are using 3Delight or Iray as render engine.

Iray is the render engine.

Oso3D you say, I'll give it a look and see if I can make anything out of it.

• novastridernovastrider Posts: 208

Dimension Theory's Fuzz is the best and should technically be easy to use for anyone with base knowledge.