Dynamic control tab vanished

The dynamic clothing control tab has vanished off the Daz window, and is also no longer in the tabs window either. I used it yesterday and have not changes the settings since. I have tried to reinstall dynamic clothing control but get an error message saying the directory cannot be found. 

Comments

• Are the other plug-ins there? How did you install, stand-alone installer or Install Manager? Is it listed at all in Help>About Installed Plug-ins in Daz Studio?

• Everything else is there- I put a scene together (with dynamic items) yesterday and when I opened it today the tab was missing from the interface and was not in the list of tabs, with dynamic items all zeroed. I have not touched settings or software. I tried to reinstall with the enclosed installer but got an error message. 

• What was the exact error message?

• I have tried again and still get errors. 

When asked to uninstall an earlier version I get

"There has been an error.

Error running Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/Uninstallers/Remove-DS4_DynamicClothingControl_Mac64.app/Contents/MacOS/installbuilder.sh --mode unattended: /bin/sh: Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/Uninstallers/Remove-DS4_DynamicClothingControl_Mac64.app/Contents/MacOS/installbuilder.sh: No such file or directory"

If I progress anyway I get

"Error running open "Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/DAZStudio.app": The file /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/DAZStudio.app does not exist."

I went back to my product library to try to re download it, and the Mac versions, that were listed a few days ago, are not present.

Has Daz stopped supporting this system? It has its problems but is up to 10 times as fast as dforce and I use it a lot.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

Did you check the Ready to Install tab?

• Had another go installing it through install manager- it says installed in the IM tab but still no sign of it anytwhere in the DS interface, but surely even without this there is a free basic version that should have a tab. 

Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 09.13.52.png
    830 x 1616 - 947K
    Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 09.17.39.png
    954 x 416 - 52K
  • did a complete reinstall and it is back.

Thanks

• Spoke too soon; it's gone again.

Uninstalled and then reinstalled the latest version of DS, but only had the base default dynamic control; I tried to install the full dynamic control and it has now completely gone again. I can't even repeat the process because the DS uninstaller has also gone. 

So I now have a latest version of DS with no uninstaller and no dynamic control, basic or otherwise, and in my account there is no longer a Mac version of dynamic control although I have one in my downloads on the computer that seems to be faulty and is bringing up the same error messages as before. 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,868

Is the serial# set there in the installed plugins?

• Sorry, away for a week and still getting nowhere. It may be I need to put in a serial number, but that option never comes up. It just says it is installed and then comes up with the error

"Error running open "Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/DAZStudio.app": The file /Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/DAZStudio.app does not exist."

If I go into the plugins I find this, but have no idea how to initiate it

If I cannot get the control to load, at least I want the free version. That appeared briefly when I reinstalled DS, but I can no longer see the uninstaller to get rid of this and start again.

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 18.25.20.png
    718 x 168 - 32K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,868

Under the Help Menu you have "About  installed Plugins". Check there if it is loaded (green), and if it has a serial number attached to it.

• Great, that's fixed it.

Thank you