GenX issue...Poser figure not supported?

Forgive me if this has already been answered. The Daz search engine is hard to navigate through. I got the GenX plugins over the holidays and just now trying to use them. Following the steps I've seen and read, I export my Genesis figure to a cr2 file. However, when I select "Load Figure" and open the cr2 file, I get a "Poser figure not supported error." At first, I thought maybe it was the custom morphs that prevented them from being suported. Just for the sake of saying I tried, I attempted to load some base figures by Daz like Lee 6, Freak 5, and Michaels 5 & 6. They all gave me the same error message. 

What I am trying to accomplish is to bring some of my old custom Genesis and G2M figures to G3M without having to rebuild them from scratch. What am I missing or doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393
    edited April 2020

You're not supposed to export genesis figures as cr2 and load it, loading a cr2 is for generation 3 or 4 figures which use parametric rigging and not weight mapping.

You're supposed to select your Genesis figure as the "source".

Post edited by Leana on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,056
    edited April 2020

blush

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited April 2020

genesis 3 & 8 are not supported by DSON importer

you need a few more steps

there is a freebie utility at Rendo

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=76121

This thread has nothing to do with DSON importer or using G3 or G8  in Poser.

edited April 2020
    nm
  • Leana said:

You're not supposed to export genesis figures as cr2 and load it, loading a cr2 is for generation 3 or 4 figures which use parametric rigging and not weight mapping.

I have Genesis selected as the source. But when I click on "Load Figure" it asks for a cr2 or a crz file. So i load the base Genesis figure there as well? Where does the custom figure that I'm trying to copy go? 

edited April 2020
    Leana said:

genesis 3 & 8 are not supported by DSON importer

you need a few more steps

there is a freebie utility at Rendo

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=76121

This thread has nothing to do with DSON importer or using G3 or G8  in Poser.

yes I corrected that in my next post

Nobody is talking about transfering to generation 3 either... This thread is about transferring Genesis 1 and 2 characters to Genesis 3 with GenX.

Post edited by Leana on

instead of trying to school me just help the OP heart

Leana said:

I have Genesis selected as the source. But when I click on "Load Figure" it asks for a cr2 or a crz file. So i load the base Genesis figure there as well? Where does the custom figure that I'm trying to copy go? 

You don't use "load figure" for Genesis line, you select your character as the source.

There's a tutorial in this post: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3754786/#Comment_3754786

instead of trying to school me just help the OP heart

I don't give a damn about "schooling you". I'm telling to the OP not to waste time with "solutions" which have nothing to do with their problem. 

• Leana said:
    Leana said:

You don't use "load figure" for Genesis line, you select your character as the source.

There's a tutorial in this post: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3754786/#Comment_3754786

Thank you for the help! That was a really easy fix.