Animate2: Initial pose problem

I hope I'm just missing something but I'm having a problem using animate2 to create aniblocks from studio keys.  My workflow is:
1) Go to frame 0
2) Load a starting pose file
3) Go to frame 30
4) Load an ending pose file
5) Right click in animate2 window and select create aniblock from studio keys

The problem I run into is if anything is the same from the start pose to the end pose, this is dropped from aniblock.  I can go into the key frames of the aniblock and force the settings I want, but they don't copy over by themselves with either option in the create dialog.  This wouldn't be a big deal if these static settings carried over from the previous block but they don't.  At the transition it forces the parameter back to its default position and then of course leaves it there for the next aniblock.  It should either copy all pose information from the studio keys or leave anything not explicitly in its own keys alone.  As a more concrete example consider two blocks:

Block A moves the left elbow from 0 degrees to 45 degrees.

Block B leaves the elbow at 45 degrees and moves the wrist.

I cannot seem to get animate to create Block B correctly.  It insists that since the elbow didn't change position, it should drop this when converting from studio to animate2.

It may just seem like a nuisance but if there are a lot of parameters dropped, this is quite a pain.

Anyone know how to deal with this?  (i.e. get the desired behavior of a block either not resetting missing parameters at the beginning of the block or copying all parameters with "create aniblock from studio keys")

Comments

• Is there any benefit to using AniMate here, or is this just a simplified example?

• Just a simplified example.  My main reason for using AniMate in general is that it seems to chain actions together in a more reasonable way than DAZ by itself.

• I think the behaviour is expected and deliberate, so blocks can stack.

• I agree that it might have uses, though an option would be nice.  Anyway, I worked around it with a script that just moves all the rotation and translation parameters for the figure by an inperceptible amount on one keyframe to trick it into thinking it needs to copy the parameters into the aniblock:

// DAZ Studio version 4.12.0.86 filetype DAZ Script(function() {	print("executing");	function jiggle(root) {		print(root.getLabel());		// handle local properties		var propGroups = root.getPropertyGroups();		var props = propGroups.getAllProperties();		for (var i=0; i<props.length; i += 1) {			var prop = props[i];			if (!prop.canAnimate()) { continue; }			var path = prop.getPath();			print(String("%1::%2").arg(prop.getLabel()).arg(path));			if ((path != "/General/Transforms/Rotation") && (path != "/General/Transforms/Translation")) { continue; }			var cval = prop.getDoubleValue();			var nval = cval + 0.001;			var label = prop.getLabel();			print(String("%1: %2 -> %3").arg(label).arg(cval).arg(nval));			prop.setDoubleValue(nval);		};				// recurse		var children = root.getNodeChildren();		for (var i=0; i<children.length; i += 1) {			jiggle(children[i]);		}	}	jiggle(Scene.getPrimarySelection());	})();