Pose controls completely gone

All of the pose controls for my Genesis 1-8 figures are gone. I saved a file yesterday, and reopened it the same day. The controls disappeared. I thought it was a corrupt file so I nixed that, deleted the file and loaded a new Gen8 figure. Same problem. loaded a Gen3. Same problem. I did the same with all my others  Reinstalled my figures, and reinstalled Daz, and tried the process again. Still the same. Have been browsing the video tutorials, and nothing has come up.

Comments

• Please post a screen shot of the parameters pane - not seeing any of te citrols would sound like a weird settings issue rather than a content issue, which shouldn't affect all figures at once.

• VideomanVideoman Posts: 3
    edited April 2020

Only pose controls I got are the general ones. No fine tune ones. Plus I am suppposed to be selecting the arm there. It acts as if its a nearly static figure. theres both the parameters and the posing

Capture.PNG
    1268 x 956 - 479K
    Capture2.PNG
    1231 x 921 - 424K
    Post edited by Videoman on
  • That looks OK - you have various optins under Pose Controls, the Transforms are just the base translate/rotate/scale for the node.

if looks ok, but I cannot select any of the particular portions of the figures: limbs, hands, feet, head, etc, and all the finetune controls are missing.I cannot really show the problem

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

In your first image you have selected 'pose control'. If you instead select e.g. 'arms' you will get the pose controls belonging to the arms.

Or what do you mean by finetune controls?

I mean that I cannot select individual parts of the figure, and the only poses I can use are general ones like you see in the first pic. no indivdual limb controls e.g. bend left arm/ right arm and especially not fingers toes left right eye etc. finetune controls

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077
    edited April 2020

@Videoman

If you click on Actor>Arms and expand, can you not see the individual sliders?

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 911

Do you maybe have some tool active that doesn't work with posing, like geometry editor, for example? I've done that before and confused myself that way.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205
    Videoman said:

I mean that I cannot select individual parts of the figure, and the only poses I can use are general ones like you see in the first pic. no indivdual limb controls e.g. bend left arm/ right arm and especially not fingers toes left right eye etc. finetune controls

I think that what you are looking for is not under pose control.

If you in your scene tag expands the bones - can be done with <rigth-click> expand... - and then e.g. select a bone in the finger, then in the parameters under transforms > rotation, you can bend the individual bone.