Morphs with FBX export

I've been having very good results exporting via FBX and would like to get a better handle on the morph exporting rules. I'd like to be more selective as un-needed morphs increase the resulting object size (going out to Lightwave) and just add to an already long list to scroll through.

For example I've brought in an older bird asset. I can look at the shaping tab for one of the wings & see that it's using:

ERC [DeltaAdd]>LeftWingFold, but my choices in the FBX export panel has no Wings specific morphs. They do appear under the sbrm3 & adding that to the list sets them to export. Seems that you have to use the prefix listed in the Name column.

A better example might be for the Head.  I really don't need to export a number of unused morphs but don't know how to get selective in the Export Rules. Tried the usual wildcards w/o any luck.

Any care & feeding tips on how to do this if it's even possible?  Don't assume a vast knowledge about Daz morphs on this end either.

Comments

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153
    edited April 2020

Well, not the last time certainly but here I am talking to myself again. wink But there may be some interest for others in what I came across.

A couple days ago, I decided to take a "well, if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach.  This was due to a very labryinthian route of finding a means to manage & semi-easliy rename the morphs from the exported FBX, and by doing so creating some logical groupings aas well. So a Great Yellow Headed Vulture I started in on this week with nearly 800 morphs, is no longer out of the question.  The tedium is more from sorting out the original artists naming conventions. "You called that a WHAT but in moves THIS?"  Won't even go into texture naming issues...

Point being, I can just now go ahead & retain everything, then selectively remove morphs afterwards if needed. This also explains why there were other issues before when doing that as some morphs need to be in the object but  zeroed & the export process sets them all to their default. So, a couple things need to be set to 100 & a few to 0. Maybe there's a baking step I need to perform...?

The result is I now have a workflow to export to a fully FK rigged Lightwave character with all the original morphs.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/6c/e0899f51781270d1b4f6b22f7c129a.jpg

AcmeOW+VulureCAM.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Doc Acme on