daz is always in "preparing scene" mood with iray mode

Hi everyone !

Hope your are well !

My problem is that i've installed last week the newest version of daz, 4.12 and since, each time i need to iray render my scene, even if there is nothing in the scene, in fact each time i open my daz, "preparing scene" is on and never ending !

And if i want to render a scene, the picture is entirely black.... so i can't make anything

I didn't changed any parameters in the render settings.... so i don't understand where is the problem because before that, daz 4.10 worked perfectly....

So if you have an idea... it would be great ! it is so frustrating !

Thank you !

Intel(r) Core(tm) i5-7300 HQ CPU 2.50 GHz

RAM 6 - windows 10 -64 bits

Ge force GTX 1050

Comments

• westechiewestechie Posts: 17

It sounds like you need to update your firmware drivers for your graphics card.  By default, you should not rely on what ever software drivers Windows' automatically provides you.  Very often those lack proper OpenGL support that you will need for IRay.

• westechiewestechie Posts: 17

RAM memory is cheap.  You might consider upgrading to 16 GB if you can?  It sounds like you don't have enough with 6 GB, and DAZ Studio really needs 16 GB minimum.

• TBorNotTBorNot Posts: 369

Yes, that happens to me too, but it's because the "how long with this take" meter is broken.  Mine runs like for ever and the meter jumps from 0 to 85% almost instantly.  Be patient!

Black screens happen if you accidentally turn off the headlamp and do scene only and don't put a light in the scene.  Since the preview isn't iray, you see a lit scene.  Takes a bit of getting used to.

• DireWorksDireWorks Posts: 133

99% a driver problem

and i agree with west, more ram and everything  will become more smoother, faster and stable

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

It's a laptop. Upgrading the RAM may well be the limit on what can be done.

• DireWorksDireWorks Posts: 133

oh, i see, cpu its also overclockable but i doubt you can get benefits beside noise and heat