Adjusting Skin Color

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Hi,

I wanna create a new Mother & Daughter but, the skins looks very different from the Promo Pics.

Mother: (looks fine)

https://www.deviantart.com/3dcomic123/art/Yang-Lin-For-G8F-726567269

Daughter: (looks too brown)

https://www.daz3d.com/hikaru--dforce-lingerie-for-genesis-8-females

Is there a way to adjust the daugthers skin more brighter?

Render Settings are set to Default.

At her Promo images is she not so brown. The Folder does not contain different skins.

Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330

Try looking under Surfaces at her skin - does it have a Translucency Weight set to something? Try reducing it. (Often it is set to about 0.9 or 0.8 and lowering it will help)

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Yes she have a transmap and nearby close to 1.0

Thanks!

I changed also nails+ Lips, cuz they got now very dark.

Make sure that you change it the same amount for all her skin parts, otherwise she'll have lines at the joins.

Many characters come with Materials Settings to increase or decrease the Translucency, looks like that one doesn't.

I selected just the Surface and then I realized that not all parts got changed.

Should I also do that for eyes, tongue, teeth and uhm did I forgot something? :D

edited April 2020

I don't think so - it's really just the skin, probably the lips and possibly the fingernails and toenails (it will depend on the character - some are less colourful than others - just have to try it and see)

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301
    edited April 2020

Looks like she got switched at birth... I would call the maternity ward and see if there was a mess-up. (just kidding)

There is "ultimate iray skin manager" and that makes it easy to copy skin from mommy to daughter, but they will have the same freckles and blemishes.

You can specify which parts of the skin, nails, layers etc...you want copied. :)

Post edited by RexRed on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,909
    MrDarck said:

I selected just the Surface and then I realized that not all parts got changed.

Should I also do that for eyes, tongue, teeth and uhm did I forgot something? :D

no, change translucency only for skin-lips-nails