Deleting Broken Daz Content

MoonCraft3DMoonCraft3D Posts: 379

Does anyone know how to delete these files? I deleted these files off my computer, yet they have left behind this in Daz.

When I right-click on the item in Daz, I get no deletion option. The file path no longer works because the file was deleted.

dazcontent.png
647 x 463 - 77K
Post edited by MoonCraft3D on

Comments

• MoonCraft3DMoonCraft3D Posts: 379

Refreshing the directories doesnt work.

2020-04-24.png
    482 x 672 - 79K
  • Try finding them in the Content Library pane and right-clicking there. Smart Content and the various presets tabs are not really for management.

This did not fix it.

2020-04-24reimportmeta.png
    570 x 531 - 33K
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Did you delete them, or uninstall them? Try uninstalling the product, even if they are no longer there. That should help clear up the database.

The items in question was custom content I made and had added to Daz. I had made some shaders for myself. I deleted the files off the computer. Daz however still shows them.

Using categorize to get rid of them did not work either.

2020-04-24_catagorize.png
    1386 x 683 - 150K
    2020-04-24catagorize2.png
    1412 x 613 - 155K
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

They are orphaned references. You cannot use Smart Content to clear them. Go to the Content Library, Products, L, LOCAL USER. There could be many entries (dozens, hundreds, thousands) depending on how many products you have, or items you have created yourself. Go to the last page if there's more than one, and select all (CTRL-A). Right-click on any item and select "Remove Orphaned References...". This will clear any on that page, and will not affect valid references. The option will not appear if there are no orphaned references in the selection. Go back up one page and repeat until all are removed.