Creatures from Japanese Mythology

cedorsettcedorsett Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I would love to see a Baku, Kitsune (including a 9 tail version), Tankuki (Raccoon dog), and Kirin. More Asian mythological figures in general would be wonderful.

KonnoHachiman-Sculpture-1.jpg
1600 x 901 - 258K

Comments

• velomobilervelomobiler Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh! Yes! I second the motion!

I am engaged in a project illustrating a different version of "Spirited Away", and could use some interesting Japanese Shinto creatures, funny ones and scary ones. At present, I am stuck with using 3D for the human and humanoid characters and painting in the strange creatures of the Yuya (bath house). I'll be one of your first customers! ;-)

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited May 2014

I'd like to have Ningyo :). And those little guys with big bellies and hungry mouths, I forgot their names (old...).

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • scotchfairyscotchfairy Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

Another reason to hope they update the Millenium Cat, which is getting rather dated at this point. You might get a Bakeneko out of the current Big Cat 2, but a Nekomata with its multiple tails and bipedal posture is a real pain with the current sets.

Nekomata.jpg
    544 x 540 - 128K
    NekomataManuscript.jpg
    887 x 1080 - 252K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

cedorsett said:
    I would love to see a Baku, Kitsune (including a 9 tail version), Tankuki (Raccoon dog), and Kirin. More Asian mythological figures in general would be wonderful.
    Sparky is doing a kirin morph for the new horse from Hivewire. There are images over there in one of the threads. Sorry I can't provide a link...