DForce error OpenCL not found

I decided to experiment some with DForce component but when I click "simulation" I get error that "Could not find a valid OpenCL device"

I have scanned and OpenCL.dll are installed as part of the graphics driver package.  I see  no options to "reinstall or update" this.

Is there a specific OpenCL download I need to install for DS?  If so where?

Daz 64 bit 4.12

Windows 7 Ultimate 64. 32 RAM

Is there a setting in DAZ to tell it where to find OpenCL?

Thanks.

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

It's not a DAZ|Studio thing, it's a computer graphics hardware thing as a whole. The tricky bit is, there are two common versions of OpenCL, 1.1 and 1.2 — most newer computers and graphics cards are capable of running 1.2, but many older ones (like the one I have, drat...) can only use 1.1. DForce will only run in DAZ|Studio if your system can run OpenCL 1.2. It will run better and faster on your graphics card if it's an NVidia.

What's your computer hardware and graphics card? If it's an NVidia card, the drivers (from NVidia, not a Windows Update) should include OpenCL1.2, but there is a separate driver that can run 1.2 on your CPU. This will work, but it'll be slower. I can't remember offhand where to get it, try searching on "OpenCL 1.2 driver download".

• The onboard graphics is Intel HD 4000 and OpenCL 1.2 is supported.

The only download I find to add the runtime tells me to uninstall by graphics driver so I stopped at that because this Dforce thing is more to play around with and I don't want to screw anything up.  ( If I take the plunge I will create a before restore point of course )

HP's driver tool is useless and the one direct from Intel won't install insisting to use the HP version.  It offers not a clue what drivers are in need of update just a list of downloads. Since they are dated I'm assuming I already have the last and latest available versions installed.

A search shows several OpenCL.dll files installed already...assume installed along with video drivers. If that's the case then reinstalling the exact same drivers would only reinstall the exact same DLL's

It is an HP Pavilion with Formosa MO BO replaced only 6 months ago after lightning strike so the likelyhood of any drivers being newer is between slim and none.

I have two other machines I render with via LAN I may try those but this main machine is my production platform not my render platform.

To be fair to Intel this machine with no Nvidia is actually pretty fast to render. 

Other two: Another i7 and a dual CPU Xeon both with identical Geforce cards.

Paul

• You have a GPU card in there running headless configuration(no monitor pluged in)?

Fairly sure all intel gen3+ can run openCL 1.2 so other than a gpu conflict it's a driver issue.