dForce Falling Shoes

Hi everyone!

When you unfit a pair of shoes, they keep a weird position between themselves, and that doesn't look natural.

Is it possible to make them fall, without deforming like normal clothes?

I have tried removing the weight, but they didn't move of course.
The same happened when I tried getting the stiffness of the surfaces to 1.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

My assumtion is you want a slight deformation without dropping totally.

I haven't tried ti, but if you set Dynamic Strength to 0.8-0.9 I would think it kind of kept the shape but with a bit falling down.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118
    felis said:

My assumtion is you want a slight deformation without dropping totally.

I haven't tried ti, but if you set Dynamic Strength to 0.8-0.9 I would think it kind of kept the shape but with a bit falling down.

Hi :D

I've explained myself badly!

I'm not referring to shoes that the character is wearing. In that case you could also edit the weight of the dForce modifier.

When the character tosses the shoes away, they should fall to the ground, instead they look like they're being worn by an invisible person.

So, how can I use dForce to make the shoes fall to the ground, without deforming them?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Hmmm

dForce can't do rigid body simulation, so whenever an object goes through dForce it will be at least somewhat deformed. And furthermore the mesh of a pair of shoes probably have a high risk of causing explossions.

If I understand you right, you 'just' want to place the shoes as they have been dropped to the floor, so essentially as 2 props.

You can position the shoes to your liking, but as most shoes comes in pair, you need to seperate them. And for that I am not really sure of an easy method within DS. You can use the geomerty tool, but I think the easiest way to do that would be to export them and seperate them in a modelling program, and export it back as 2 single shoes. You can reapply the original textures.

Thanks for your answer!

Does anyone know how to do this with dForce?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393
    felis said:

You can position the shoes to your liking, but as most shoes comes in pair, you need to seperate them. And for that I am not really sure of an easy method within DS. You can use the geomerty tool, but I think the easiest way to do that would be to export them and seperate them in a modelling program, and export it back as 2 single shoes. You can reapply the original textures.

The easiest way would be to load the pair twice and hide one shoe in each pair.

Leana said:
    felis said:

The easiest way would be to load the pair twice and hide one shoe in each pair.

Understood, thanks! :)