Pane Docking Pain

So sometimes, a pane gets undocked.  Then I try to drag it somewhere to put it back, and it just stays there looking at me, undocked.  How do I get it to behave?

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Grab it by the tab to dock it next to other tabs in a tab pane group by dragging it next to another tab. Grab it by the thin border at the top to make a new pane group along one of the separators. The separator will highlight orange when you are in place. This will not dock it with other tabs, but make a new tab pane group (of one).

• For most of them, I can get them to dock by themselves on top of the rest {like for example the Environment tab sits on top of the Parameters}, THEN grap its title bar and slide it over to be in line with the rest along the side {where I normally want them to be}. The exception is for the Timeline. That one seldom docks on cue, so I place that where I want it, stretch it out ... close D/S, open D/S and hope the darn thing docked.

• AmberKLAmberKL Posts: 2

is Window>Workspace locked? If there's a check there, clear it and try.

Otherwise, it could be that weird bug where stuff won't dock with panes extended on both sides?

Try collapsing one or more side groups and try it. I've had this same issue and that was the cure.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    NorthOf45 said:

Grab it by the tab to dock it next to other tabs in a tab pane group by dragging it next to another tab.

And if it didn't slot in to the same place in the group it was before, you can drag the tabs sideways. Doesn't always land in the right place first time, but I can usually get it eventually. Don't twitch your mouse hand while doing this, though, or anything could happen.

There has to be an easier way, it's much too easy to undock a pane accidentally, and much too opaque and finicky to fix it.