Cartoon-style render works with G1 and G8, but not G2 or G3

Under Render Style in the Render Settings general tab, I have a hidden setting labelled cartoon. It makes any Genesis or Genesis 8 character look like a comic book character. Clothes, hair, everything. But for whatever reason, it just will not work with Genesis 2 or 3. Those figures render normally in a scene where everything else is cartoonized.

Does anybody know if this is a native DAZ Studio feature, or if it's something I installed? I had to check "Show Hidden Properties" just for the option to appear. Also, any idea why it would work perfectly well with G1 and G8, but not G2 or G3?

I'm using DAZ STudio 4.12 Pro

Comments

• The hidden proeprty is  switch, triggering DS to use the toon version of the Default Daz Shader (for 3delight). It doesn't do anything for shaders that don't include alternative toon code, or for Iray.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

The hidden proeprty is  switch, triggering DS to use the toon version of the Default Daz Shader (for 3delight). It doesn't do anything for shaders that don't include alternative toon code, or for Iray.

Tks, didn't know it worked that way;)