Can't find a folder

Hi, today i install a new content, but i see only half of the item i have because in my content library this folder don't show up.

how do I make it work? I thought about moving the folder somewhere else but I don't know where.

InkedCattura_LI.jpg
1290 x 738 - 929K

Comments

• The textures are not meant to show in the content panes, instead they will load with the model and/or there will be presets to apply them to the model. The same is true of files in the /Runtime/Geometries/ folder or the /Data/ folder.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

The Runtime folder is not supposed to appear in content library, it's a technical folder holding files used by other items, in this case texture files. Those texture files are applied by the material presets located in the People folder.

• KarasuKarasu Posts: 5
    edited April 2020

Okay thanks all, so I have a texture that allows me to apply the beard to the character. how can i do it?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,460
    edited April 2020

There is probably a preset in the /People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters/FW Art/Denton/Materials/Iray folder, which you should be able to find in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats then the content directory installed to (e.g. Daz Studio Formats>My Daz 3D Library. Looking at the promo page I see it is a LIE option - that means DS will layer the beard map on top of the existing maps, that often takes a while to complete.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • KarasuKarasu Posts: 5

There is probably a preset in the /People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters/FW Art/Denton/Materials/Iray folder, which you should be able to find in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats then the content directory installed to (e.g. Daz Studio Formats>My Daz 3D Library. Looking at the promo page I see it is a LIE option - that means DS will layer the beard map on top of the existing maps, that often takes a while to complete.

Yeah, i saw a tutorial about LIE and solved it! Thank you very mutch!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Karasu said:
    I thought about moving the folder somewhere else but I don't know where.

Note that the contents of the /runtime/textures/ folder is very much "third rail" territory — where it is, is where DAZ|Studio will be looking for it. You move it, you break it (until you move it back again).

The same applies to other "special" folder locations, e.g. /data/ and /runtime/geometries/. Nicht gefingerpoken.