How to measure hips and butts on G8F?

simple as that how do you do it?

i bought measure metrics but it doesnt work in Daz 4.12 beta

it cant install the windows content. (cant find Daz 3D installation it says)

any other ideas or trix that i can use to measure body parts?

i only guess here but to me this looks like an 50 inch ass ;)

Street Chic2.jpg
1782 x 2160 - 4M

Comments

• Radius or diameter?

• Rev2019Rev2019 Posts: 167

Diameter off course

• Without any measuring tools you could make a cylinder of a given size, position and scale it so it just about fits, make sure it's still a circle and not oval, and work out the measurement from the size and scaling, with maffs.

Don't think there are any butt sizing rings you could use, no-one has ever had the need.

no you dont need to measure those skinny G8F models from Daz store

but this is real womans with curves ;)

thanks for the tip i try it out

• Measure Metrics should work in the Public Build, there is a separate isntaller for that version (as with most of the Daz own-brand plug-ins).

• Radius or diameter

Should one of those have been circumference?

edited April 2020

so how  do i get this measure metrics program to work with Daz 4.12 beta?

clearly it should work.

Mod Edit  :- to remove obscenity

Post edited by Chohole on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited April 2020

Measure Metrics works, just go in the content library pane to the Scripts directory & start it there if Smart Content is giving you trouble.

And you should be measuring circumference not radius or diameter which will both vary as neither measurement is being made of a perfect circle.

I'm not a tailor but I think as far as measurements go hips & buttocks are the same measure while some people confuse waist and hips which are not the same. Waist is either at your belly button or just above it at the narrowest part of your torso between your ribs and your hips.  Hips are at the widest part of your hips which is typically the widest part of your buttocks.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Rev2019 said:

so how  do i get this measure metrics program to work with Daz 4.12 beta?

clearly it should work.

Mod Edit  :- to remove obscenity

Install the Public Build version from Install Manager - it should be showing, since you have the Public Build itself visible to have installed it. If it is installed, check to see if it is serialised in Help>About Installed Plug-ins.

edited April 2020

Measure Metrics works, just go in the content library pane to the Scripts directory & start it there if Smart Content is giving you trouble.

And you should be measuring circumference not radius or diameter which will both vary as neither measurement is being made of a perfect circle.

I'm not a tailor but I think as far as measurements go hips & buttocks are the same measure while some people confuse waist and hips which are not the same. Waist is either at your belly button or just above it at the narrowest part of your torso between your ribs and your hips.  Hips are at the widest part of your hips which is typically the widest part of your buttocks.

the content library instalation is there but the plug in isnt active

and as i said its the windows installation that doesnt work.

how to solve this error message?

Info.jpg
    501 x 117 - 43K
    Post edited by Rev2019 on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@Rev2019

Measure Metrics typically doesn't work with Betas. It will work with new releases. 

• fastbike1 said:

@Rev2019

Measure Metrics typically doesn't work with Betas. It will work with new releases. 

Measure Metrics does work in betas as long as you install the beta version of the plug-in, and possible as long as you enter the serial (I can't recall if serial numbers are now shAared between channels). It is also, of course, necessary to have the content directory with the scripts cnnected to the beta if you wish to use the Figuer Metrics product rather than create your own measures.

• Rev2019 said:

Did you use the same method, stand-alone installer or Install Manager, to install both the plug-in and the application?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    Rev2019 said:

The Error message looks like DIM is configured to install content to a different place than what DAZ Studio is looking at for the locatiion of that content but I'm not sure. Check the Content Library path in DIM and all of the in DAZ Studio (Preferences - Content Library - DAZ Studio Formats). If they don't match, make them match by change DAZ Studio to use the path(s) that DIM is using. Uninstall & reinstall Figure Metrics. Restart DAZ Studio. And see if it works then. Even Smart Content should work but not unless you have a Genesis, G2F/G2M, G3F/G3M, G8F/G8M character selected in the Scene tab.

Otherwise, you must start the script within a running instance of DAZ Studio.

Method via the Content Library Pane/Tab:

Step a) In your Content Library Pane/Tab go to the Measure Metrics/Figure Metrics wearable folder for the version of Genesis you are measuring.

example: if I'm measuring a Genesis 8 Male then in Content Library tab under DAZ Studio Formats I navigate the folder to the following:

My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 8 Male\Measure Metrics

and add the measurement wearable via selecting the targewt figure in the Scene tab and then clicking the icon "Measure Genesis 8 Male.duf" to add the wearable to the Genesis 8 Male in my scene tab.

Step b) Now clicking the script will bring up the GUI so you can check all the boxes on the GUI of measurements you want to change on the G8M in your scene tab.

If you use the "Content Library" Pane then it's in:

DAZ Studio Formats > My DAZ 3D Library (or whatever name you've given your content library) > Scripts > Utilities > Figure Metrics.dse

Step c) Now click the Figure Metrics Cleanup.dse when done changing G8M measurements.

+++++

Method via the Smart Content Pane/Tab:

Smart Content > Utilities > Measure Metrics for DAZ Studio > Measure Genesis 8 Male.duf (for example)

That Measure Genesis 8 Male.duf is a 'wearable' that adds a bunch of clear measurement planes to the figure selected in the plane.

Now step a should work but I don't understand why the Figure Metrics.dse is not showing up in your Smart Content. It won't work in either location until you add the wearable to the character you want to measure.

After you're done adjusting the measurement you use the Figure Metrics Cleanup.dse script.