How to rename morph dials?

Is there an easy way to rename morph dials?  ShareCG and Devianart have many free morphs but most do not have prefixes to group them so it's hard to filter by packages.  After a while it's hard to remember what is available.  It's even more problematic with expressions as it makes mixing dials from different packages very tedious.

Comments

• Well easy but be careful way ... first locate EXACTLY where in the data folders the morphs are that you want to change.

Then open D/S and on the Parameters Tab, right-click on a dial and select Edit Mode.

Then select the morph dial to be relabelled, either a right-click option or via the tool cog, relabel the morph.

Then File > Save As > ... ONLY the morph just changed {if more than one they must have all come from the SAME storage folder} and be careful to name the 'vendor' and 'product names' precisely what its original folders were. IF you want to change them to be under your handle as modified, then you would have to remove the original morphs from the data folder. D/S will only accept morphs that have different names.

n.b. Some folk do some fancy save changed assets ... I do not recommend that way because everytime I have tried to do that, it wanted to overwrite the main character too and like NO.

• i53570ki53570k Posts: 212

Following catherine3678ab's instructions I edited the name and label of an expression from InTheFelsh's FaceShiter in Parameters and got to File>Save A>...  I assume I should choose >Support Assets>Morph Assets.  There I see I have to choose all the properties as well.  So this seems to be more than just a label change.  I am still not familiar with the inner workings of Daz3D and I don't want to do something that could screw things up.  I might be better off just create an Excel sheet tracking what morphs I have and what they do.

Rant on.  Why don't people add prefix to morphs, especially for expressions where there are no definitive terms as in body parts?  It's the first and last thing they taught in Computer Science 101.  Rant off.

• i53570k said:

Following catherine3678ab's instructions I edited the name and label of an expression from InTheFelsh's FaceShiter in Parameters and got to File>Save A>...  I assume I should choose >Support Assets>Morph Assets.  There I see I have to choose all the properties as well.  So this seems to be more than just a label change.  I am still not familiar with the inner workings of Daz3D and I don't want to do something that could screw things up.  I might be better off just create an Excel sheet tracking what morphs I have and what they do.

Rant on.  Why don't people add prefix to morphs, especially for expressions where there are no definitive terms as in body parts?  It's the first and last thing they taught in Computer Science 101.  Rant off.

Yes to the file save line to morph assets. You would choose ONLY the files you changed that you want to stay changed.

When in doubt, don't. That is a good idea.

I do not change purchased morphs myself without backing up the products. And then there is only one that comes to mind, I made a controller so one would dial in another so it would look decent.

Something else one can do is make pose presets and save all to whatever subfolder(s) desired. Then they are in the same basket to be found easily.