Animating Camera Frame Width?

Reality1Reality1 Posts: 115

I've been trying to figure out a way to animate the Frame Width of the camera and it seems to treat the value as consant across all frames.

I understand that with a real camera, you can't change the size of the film on the fly, but I don't see any good reason to disallow this with a virtual camera.

Is there a trick do doing this? Maybe some other way of accomplishing the same thing? Or is there a technical reason this isn't allowed?

Thanks!

Post edited by Reality1 on

Comments

• Reality1 said:

I've been trying to figure out a way to animate the Frame Width of the camera and it seems to treat the value as consant across all frames.

I understand that with a real camera, you can't change the size of the film on the fly, but I don't see any good reason to disallow this with a virtual camera.

Is there a trick do doing this? Maybe some other way of accomplishing the same thing? Or is there a technical reason this isn't allowed?

Thanks!

I'm also interested in this possibility

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

Render settings are not natively animatable, but you might be able to enable animation with a script. A potential issue is that changing the frame dimensions does not necessarily give you the same shot but wider/taller. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited January 2023

but why?

your video editor won't like it

if you want to change the scale that is animatable in Hitfilm

(I do it all the time, rendering 4K and editing in 1080p then reusing footage at different and sliding scales)

but of course the output is always the same size

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on