WARNING Errors: Could not adjust thumbnail path from support path:

Greetings fellow Covid Hermits...

I have been trying to clean up my daz recently (after a move to a new machine weeks ago) and, it seems that as I put out one small fire, another starts somewhere else.
With the hope of trimming down my load time for G3 & G8 assets, I have been pairing down my assets to try and make things a bit smoother.

Anyway, I start up Daz, load up a figure, close out daz, and then check the Log to see what Daz was up to...

Most recently I am getting these "Could not adjust thumbnail path from support path:" Warnings... I've included a small sample.  But it is interesting that some of the assets are installed, but some have been unistalled, yet are still throwing these errors.

One CLUE may be that there seems to be no rhyme or reason, EXCEPT they are all in alphabetical order... just as they are listed in the PRODUCTS PANE.   When I go to the Products pane, some will be listed without the asset icon, and some are down at the bottom as ghost assets.  The ones without assets icons, I seem to be able to clear up the warning if I hand add a jpg into the Runtime/Support folder with the appropriate name.  Its VERY tedious though, and a daunting task considering how many.  The trigger seems to be if I open the letter assigned to the group on the products pane, then those start throwing up warnings.

Unistalling/Re-installing doesn't fix it... but there has to be a way... right?

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreaciated!

2020-04-18 21:03:55.214 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Could not adjust thumbnail path from support path: /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_57147_Kingston_for_Genesis_8_Male.dsx
2020-04-18 21:03:55.382 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Could not adjust thumbnail path from support path: /Content/Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_15334_Knightly_Barding.dsx
2020-04-18 21:03:55.516 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Could not adjust thumbnail path from support path: /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_99600139543-1_KrashWerks_ALEXA_for_Genesis_8_Female.dsx
2020-04-18 21:03:55.584 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Could not adjust thumbnail path from support path: /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_99600142230-1_KrashWerks_ELSIE_for_Genesis_8_Female.dsx

Comments

• You say you need to add the tumbnails manually, Are the included JPG files missing in the support folder?

You might need to do a Database reset and/or reimport the meta-data to clear it up.

Uninstalling and reinstalling content can cause all sorts of problems with CMS and Smart content.

Also if items aren't in their default paths,as defined in the support(dsx/dsa) cms will throw errors as well.

First, check that the jpg for the particular content is present.

Second, check that the files aren't damaged, try switching view to thumbnail, in explorer. if the thumbnail is clear then try opening the file in a photoviewer.

Third, reimport the meta-data for the offending products.

Fourth, if all else fails, export user data, if using custom categories and categorization, then reset the database and reimport the whole queue.

May need to reimport a couple times for cms to completely update.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited April 2020

Thanks Monk...

The jpg isn't presnent in the support folder...

I will go through your checklist and see what happens.  I'll report back with success (or failure)

Thanks for the help!

Post edited by Chumly on
  • PJWhoopie said:

Thanks Monk...

The jpg isn't presnent in the support folder...

I will go through your checklist and see what happens.  I'll report back with success (or failure)

Thanks for the help!

If it's just missing the JPG files, you should just need to reinstall the support folder from the content folder in the zip.

Content>runtime>Support.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I'm not sure why, but if a product has a DS and  a PS version, only 1 image is installed (usually the DS version but DS usually registers the PS version so the image name doesn't match the product name.

There are occasions where the image just simply isn't installed (at which point I just simply go to the product page and save the promo pic with the dsx file name in runtime\support)