Yussef Hair & Beard thumbnail

vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,656

How can I get the Yussef Hair & Beard thumbnail to display in Smart Content?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling via Install Manager, and I have tried installing using DAZ Connect. 

Nothing seems to work.

Untitled-1.jpg
124 x 222 - 51K
Post edited by vonHobo on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

For DIM installations, there should be a thumbnail file in the Runtime/Support folder that has the exact same name as the other support files in the same folder. If it is misnamed or absent, report it. While you wait, you can copy the DIM thumbnail to the Support folder and rename it accordingly. Presumably there is an equivalent for Connect. Not sure how having installed with Connect will influence which is used.

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,656
    NorthOf45 said:

For DIM installations, there should be a thumbnail file in the Runtime/Support folder that has the exact same name as the other support files in the same folder. If it is misnamed or absent, report it. While you wait, you can copy the DIM thumbnail to the Support folder and rename it accordingly. Presumably there is an equivalent for Connect. Not sure how having installed with Connect will influence which is used.

Thanks! I just thought there might be a simple solution. There are several thumbnails missing in my Smart Content tab, and I just don't have the energy or time to report them through the DAZ trouble ticket process. There are too many dropdowns to fill in just for a simple fix and it takes a long time for a reply (which I understand totally since they are busy). It just doesn't seem worth it for something like a missing thumbnail. But I would have thought that at least the person who created this product would have installed and tested, and noticed the error. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

I agree 100% with all that. If there was a fast track for metadata-related issues, it might get these sorts of things resolved faster for everyone. From what I understand, though, the PA does not produce the metadata support files, that is all DAZ.

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,656
    NorthOf45 said:

I agree 100% with all that. If there was a fast track for metadata-related issues, it might get these sorts of things resolved faster for everyone. From what I understand, though, the PA does not produce the metadata support files, that is all DAZ.

Thanks NorthOf45. That makes sense, because when I have reported these issues before it seemed to be DAZ that fixed them without reaching out to the artist. Have a great day.