Exporting Objects from Daz

Hi,

I am looking for some help to make my modeling work a bit easier and have been really stumped by this issue. I use several programs to create props, but always use DAZ to fine tune them. I have been trying different settings and have not yet found how I can do this in DAZ.

For example, if I make a mailbox prop in Blender that includes the box, the door and the flag and export it as a obj file, I can re-open it and modify each part. But if I open it in DAZ and re-export it, when I open it in Blender it becomes a single piece and I can no longer edit the individual pieces. Is there something that should be checked/unchecked in the custom export settings? I normally export the objects in Poser format.

I would appreciate any tips on this.

Comments

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

I'm not familiar with Blender but think I read something about this recently.  I use Lightwave & it's a similar situation.  There should be an option in Blender to change from Import obj as one object or as layers. 

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Yes, Blender has an option for importing as separate objects.

But to my knowledge Daz Studio can only export as one object.

• I finally worked it out. Thought I had tried this before but maybe not, and should have been obvious, just uncheck Use Bone Welds and it worked fine this time. Hope it was not a fluke :)