PC restarts during rendering

Hello, month ago i build a new PC and from the first day, PC was restarting itself during rendering. I was rendering with CPU+GPU, so i disabled CPU and everything seemed to be okay until now. This problem has returned and i am really annoyed about it. Sometimes it restarts when the render is completed from 90% or at the beggining of the render. So i switched to CPU only and everything was fine for a few days, but today it's here again... I have NO overheating issues or something like this, so i am really desperate about what is causing this problem, only option left is an BIOS error or something like this. My PC speds: Ryzen R9 3950X, RTX 2070 Super 8GB and 32GB RAM 3600. Thanks for your responses, i hope someone will finally help me...

Comments

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Are you 100% sure it's not heat?  I used to have to blow out my Win7 system pretty frequently due to micro dust accumulation.

• dzweigeldzweigel Posts: 11

Lately, I've been having a similar problem. I only have 16MB with a GTX1060 6GB. I was thinking about getting a 1660 or RTX2060 and kicking memort up to 32GB. But it sounds like I may still have the same results.

• Reality Rule One: Disconnect from the Internet. Windows updates or AV updates or ? updates and golly gee, have to restart the computer to finish installing them.

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758

This happens to me, also. However, not in Daz3D, but 100% when playing some games, with the latest sets of drivers. (It is happening to a lot of people, and some are finding that a simple "re-seating" of the video-card is fixing the issue. However, some are reporting, like myself, that it does not fix the issue.)

I have reverted to version 442.50 of the nvidia drivers. This was before they started adding a LOT of RTX "specific" code to the drivers. The issue is happening, mostly, to non-RTX cards, which also share similar code. (they can still do RTX, but they just don't have the speed-gains from the hardware.)

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

@newtype it probably depends on when its happening.  My issues happened with large scenes or with using something like AM Felidae with high density settings.  No overheating; put my system through multiple stress tests trying to find the issue-nothing everything running fine....  Mine would restart right before it would flip over to actual rendering.  So like with Felidae it would be loading -which was happening in ram then when it tried to start rendering it would restart.  It seems to have something to do with when its using ram and then flips over to vram something causes the reboot, but no error messages, no log files etc.  It is really flustrating...  I upgraded to 32GB and can render him at density 4 now, 5 with nothing else in the scene.  Ive come to learn where I might be pushing the limits and try to stay behind that either by breaking up the scenes or decreasing the render size.  So far "knock on wood" since I have upgraded the ram, I have not had a restart although there have been a couple that I was concerned about.

btw I run 2 RTX 2060's

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

What power supply do you have?  Also sounds like a temperature issue to me.  Did you paste the CPU and seat the cooler yourself?