Creating morphs

This discussion was created from comments split from: Auto Muscle Enhancer HD [Commercial].

Comments

• Lonesome CowboyLonesome Cowboy Posts: 153
    edited April 2020

i am not a content creator and i have no knowledge in things like ZBrush or Hexagon.

I tried often to learn hex and i watched some tutorials but i was not able to follow the steps in the tuts because hex had it's own life und does not want to make the steps that are shown in the tuts ... so i gave up a long time ago.

BUT: some years ago i have seen how a fried added morphs to a figure in a few easy steps in hex.

But i forgt.

Can anyone tell me in a few steps how i can create morphs for G8 or G3 in Hex?
    and how i transfer them to daz?
    and how i can delete them if they are wrong?

(I am not a native english speaker)

Thanks

Post edited by Lonesome Cowboy on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Thanks

It is best to open up a new thread for your question, since this is about the AME product from D.Master

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

i am not a content creator and i have no knowledge in things like ZBrush or Hexagon.

I tried often to learn hex and i watched some tutorials but i was not able to follow the steps in the tuts because hex had it's own life und does not want to make the steps that are shown in the tuts ... so i gave up a long time ago.

BUT: some years ago i have seen how a fried added morphs to a figure in a few easy steps in hex.

But i forgt.

Thanks

Yeah, this is probably the wrong thread for your question so if the mods decide to move it, they can move this reply too.

I don't use Hex (I use Blender but I'm an unskilled novice). However, I often refer to this useful video for scuplting morphs in Hex. Hope it helps.

• Thanks marble

@DMaster: Thanks for the tipp with the Shape-Splitter

It seems that it works similar with the mesh-grabber, doesn't it?
    The mesh-grabber is a very good tool that helps me often, but

I have problems with the mesh-grabber to grab the embayment

(sorry for my english, i hope you understand me. I don't know the exact words)

See graphic.

Is the Shape-Splitter better here?

difficult_form.jpg
    300 x 300 - 7K
  • Split out to its own thread.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

Where is the new thread?

• Here?

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,265
    edited April 2020

But i forgt.

Thanks

1. Make sure in D/S that the Hexagon Bridge option is set to Advanced.

2. In D/S load figure, ditch the eyelashes, ditch fancy shaders, send over bridge to Hexagon.

3. In Hexagon creation the morph.

4. The figure in D/S should still be at base resolution. From Hexagon send the morphed figure over the bridge to D/S.

5. Open up all the dialogue for the Make Morph popup. Yes to dials, no to hiding, YES to reverse deformations, name the morphs, etc. - for the moment leave it to land at morphs/morph loader {easy to find}. Accept.

6. Find and dial in the morph, {can put figure back to high resolution} if you like it, right-click on the dial {go into Edit mode} on the Parameter Tab and change its location to a more suitable place IF you want to, adjust the min/max levels, adjust the colours for the dial IF you want to, ZERO the morh, IF you want to keep it, SAVE it. File > Save As > Support Assets > Morph Assets ...

7. If later on you want to delete it, in the data folder under DAZ 3D > figure's title > .... morphs > YOUR handle > whatever subfolders you made, there it be. Simply delete it. {it is normally a good idea to close D/S before digging through its working folders such as data}.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on