Slow Install Manager download speeds

ACueACue Posts: 114

Not sure if the issue is at my end, but my download speeds for purchases have slowed to a trickle. I double-checked my broadband connection and I am getting fast internet, completely normal. But Install Manager download speed for products purchased today are fluctuating from 1.5 Mb/s to .180 Kb/s. Taking forever to download the latest Bluejaunte product, for example. Anyone with similar issue? I suspect that my carrier might be throttling downloads due to extraordinary pressure on telecom services. Hard to tell. Does anyone have feedback or similar experience to share?

Post edited by ACue on

Comments

• inverted normalinverted normal Posts: 19
    edited April 2020

Can confirm, NOC's and CDN's are all overloaded. AMZN CDN is also limiting bandwidth and Cloudflare is recalibrating load blanacing algo's everywhere. The EU has ordered CDN operators to increase compression algos.

Unrelated side note: the shelter-in-place may be nice for comapnies like zoom, but the energy usage in NOC's is astronomical, and costing a metric crap ton of emissions, just like BTC mining is. Good thing nobody's flying airplanes these days. Blistering barnacles!

Post edited by inverted normal on
  • ACueACue Posts: 114

Can confirm, NOC's and CDN's are all overloaded. AMZN CDN is also limiting bandwidth and Cloudflare is recalibrating load blanacing algo's everywhere. The EU has ordered CDN operators to increase compression algos.

Unrelated side note: the shelter-in-place may be nice for comapnies like zoom, but the energy usage in NOC's is astronomical, and costing a metric crap ton of emissions, just like BTC mining is. Good thing nobody's flying airplanes these days. Blistering barnacles!

That is astounding. Thanks for the reminder of how this is having an impact on power consumption world-wide.  Meanwhile, I will look for other solutions for my slow downloads. Thanks!