Some morphs not showing up

Some of the PBM morphs for Genesis 8 female are not showing up within Daz Studio. I have gone bck to the features within the morph package and identified they should exist, have found them in the correct data folder but they will not be rcognized within DazStudio. I am running Daz Studio 4.12 on a Mac. They have worked fine before but I can not make them work. I have tried working remotely (offline) but when I load a model and check on the surfaces pane, it shows the path back to the cloud folder within my library. So it appears that the model uses some data that is from the cloud. Any advice you could give would be appreciated. I badly need the morphs to attain a desided outcome on a pose. 

Comments

• The Cloud folder is still on your local disc, it's used for content isntalled through DS itself (Daz Connect) rather than through Install Manager or Manually.

Are you sure the partial morphs are meant to be visible - have you checked the Parameters pane with Show Hidden enabled (in the option menu - the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab)?

• User 4876User 4876 Posts: 29
    edited April 2020

The morphs are standard in the genesis 8 body morphs package, they should appear. They are: Forearms size, Shoulders size, Upper Arms Size, Arms Length, Shoulders Scale, and Shoulders Width. The hidden files parameter is not checked. I tried decoupling the content management system and restablishing, but have only lost more morphs. Full body morphs  Weight, Body Size, Voluptuous, Heavy, Body Tone, and Thin are now gone

Post edited by User 4876 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461
    edited April 2020

How did you install? Sorry, stupid question since the files are in the Cloud folder. Try right-clicking on the product's icon, selectign Unisntall, then either reisntall hrough Connect or install through Install Manager. That said, a number of people have reported issues with soem morphs not showing up so it may be worth opening a support ticket with Daz in case there's some underlying issue which needs to be tracked down.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

I have two hard drives with two different operating systems on my computer. I have DazStudio 4.12 installed on both. I restarted on the other hard drive to see if the morphs would show up on the model. Sure enough, they did. So i took a look at my advanced settings in the DIM and made notes about how the folders were arranged. Restarted with the larger hard drive where I want to use Daz images with other applications for post-render tweaks. I noticed I had the CMS database within my Daz 3D Library, yet I didn't see any phisical files. So I uninstalled everything, and reinstalled mimicing the other hard drive. It appears to be working correctly now. 
    The location of the CMS database is now within my Library/application support/Daz3D/CMS, just like the other hard drive. Is this the usual place it should reside? I find the advice on the wiki rather confusing. I have read that when the application starts its scans the system for content. Could it be confusing the one database for the other? Is it ok to have two versions on two different operating systems on the same computer? This works fine for all of my other applications, but Daz Studio is big and complex. 

• Yes, that is the default location for the ContentCluster folder - thugh it should work elsewhere. It's possible that the two systems were cnfused simply by mismatched databases.

Thanks, I'll try this for a while and let you know how it goes