Graphmate or How to flatten that morph line

I created an animation with a walk aniblock, baked it to keyframes, then decided against it later. BUT... now I can't get rid of the soft body bounces.

How do I flatten or get rid of those lines. I don't want to unanimate what I do have with a clear animation (don't wanna throw the baby out with the bath water) but I just want to get rid of the bouncing.

Anyone?

graphmate-bumps.jpg
411 x 558 - 98K

Comments

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751
    edited April 2020

To be clear you don't want to remove the keys, you just want to smooth out the curve?  MCasual has a tool specifically for doing this.  It removes high frequency noise.  It's actually quite clever.  It's called mcjCycleFilter and you can find it at his site, here

Also that graph looks kind-of odd; like something else is pulling those values around.  You've only got 5 keys there...  This is one of the mysteries of the Daz keyframe system I just don't understand.  Sometimes the inexplicable happens and you apparently have no control over it or easy way to discover how to fix it.

Post edited by Robinson on
  • Yes, even when I run a clear animation, which clears all my WANTED animation, the "morph lines" in graphmate don't clear, and those lines correlate with my pects bouncing, I just can't get rid of the bounces, driving me nuts. Even if I delete those 5 keys, the bounces are still there. Pulling my hair out.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Just a thought...are the pectoral bones linked to a pose controller or similar? Maybe, if that's the case, you could find the master and be able to edit it?

• Hi, thanks for responding Sven.

I purchased a walk aniblock from the daz store. I applied it to a section of my animation, I decided against having the walk (about 250 frames) in the animation (about 3000 frames at 24fps).  Now I can't get rid of the bounce at that point in the animation. So in studying the PARAMETER tab during that period shows the up and down parameter active corresponding to the bounces, but I can't make it stop, even after elimating the keyframes. I'm totally stumped.

• GaryGraphicGaryGraphic Posts: 28
    edited April 2020

OK, here is how I solved it:

I saved a POSE PRESET with ANIMATED RANGE of the figure unchecking POSE CONTROLS and HIDDEN.

I then selected each child I had parented to the figure and saved those seperate animations as their own Animated Range Pose Presets.

I then brought the timeline to 1 second and saved the figure as a Scene subset (thus saving all the characteristics and child objects I had pertaining to this figure.) I lost all the animations of the child objects in this step thus the reason I saved those animations as I stated above.

I opened up my original scene. Deleted the figure that had the bounces.

Brought in the figure I haved saved as scene subset.

Applied the animation to the figure and the children.

Viola, no bounces.

Whew! 

Post edited by GaryGraphic on
  • Proof!:

graphmate-NObumps.jpg
    411 x 515 - 24K